NETRA VINTAGE racing

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bigbill, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    New England Trail Riders Association has started three classes for vintage racing. I think this is gonna really take off. I think it's going to go really big. What do you think?
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Started? They were doing it last year.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The Springfield Ma club did not put on the event this year. I entered last year, had hoped you would have come out and spectated. 8 guys in my class, the one 25 years old bike, 6 were members of NETRA clubs that put on hare scrambles. The passing seemed considerate at the beginning, I got really aggressively passed just a couple of turns from the end. It is not going to work out unless the club puts on a hare scramble the next day in my opinion. I could have entered the Rhody enduro the next day ,as I recall, for the same $, entered at the end and hardly ever got passed. There is a sound test.

I read the rules and it said they were supposed to post if there was a gate fee/ parking donation or the like. The one that charged did not post it and the one that posted it did not charge (at least me)
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Sounds like a time to get out the old iron that's been put away in barns and sheds. Breakout the castor. I love the smell of castor in the morning smells like a great day is about to unfold. I'm running 20:1 castor mix in my '84 Husqvarna air cooled 250wr and she runs great. The engine doesn't get hot at all.
  5. MikeDi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stuck in the 80's vintage
    Last two NETRA Vintage HS coming up. Blue Slope which is awesome and the Rhody Rovers totally new venue. All fresh cut pine forests. Turn out has been great 40-50 riders.
    Second year and it's a blast! MikeDi
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I wish they would put a vintage moto X track at the lower part of the dam in Thomaston Dam in thomaston,ct.