1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

NETRA ANNOUNCES NEW VINTAGE RACING SERIES

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Gord, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now

I can attest as I get older slow and steady is good. Remember the tortoise and the hare?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    you see pics tho occasionally off him with a lil one tho..
    250769_1198_db-83.jpg

probably comes back to what you said about the bike above having similar overall power to the te125 he has now!
    Bigbill and Norman Foley like this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    He retired from Pro Racing, at the the end of '81 season after his 8th National Enduro Championship. He's Team Husky Manager, in that pic. He did ride various displacement bikes, especially at the ISDT.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Burleson to me is MR Husqvarna II and Malcom Smith is MR Husqvarna I. That will never change. This is in my era.

On the 83 250wr delivering the milk.

I remember seeing the new '83 husqvarna line up of the milk truck bikes in front of the dealers store. We would pass by it in Torrington,ct on the way to Cornwall,ct to go trout fishing. I remember the white bikes lined up as if it was yesterday. This was years before we rode them.
  5. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    Those "mopeds" were some of the best bikes ever built, any year, any size, any brand.
  6. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Dick Burleson was all small bore until he got a 350 Husqvarna left behind by a Swedish team rider at the US ISDT in 1973. He was on a 175 at the ISDT and after he rode that 350 then began his 8 year championship run. I myself clicked on big bores as I can not bring myself to keep a tiddler wrung out all the time.

I have nothing against Pentons , as I never had the opportunity to own one. I did ride a friend's 72 Six Day once when I was 14 and thought it was a great bike. But for me I ended up with a stripped down 360 Sportsman and that is when I found how well big bores and I were made for each other. My MR250 was something of a letdown after that.

John Penton was no longer associated with Husqvarna after 1973 or 1974 so he did not have the opportunity to competitively ride a 390
  7. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Actually Bill Berroth won the New England enduro championship in 1979. I am pretty sure that was on Husqvarna.

I just found my list of NETRA former champions. I correct myself here as Barry Avery won in 1979 on Can Am and Bill Berroth won 1981 on Can Am.

However Husqvarna ruled the first 6 years of the Hare Scramble series that started in 1980.

Kevin Hines, Al Wickstrand, and a few others come to mind here
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  8. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please take note:

The Steerage Rock Twister: Junior Enduro, Pee Wee and Vintage has been postponed from April 25 to May 23 due to the conflict with the NJ Supercross. Many of this event’s workers are attending the Supercross race.

With that change the first round will now be the Nutmeg State Vintage HS on May 9th in Eastford, CT.

Please pass the word and see you at the races
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The bigger bores have it all from the bottom to the top it's all in the twistie wether you want to go slow or speed up. The small bores need to be rung out to make things happen.
  10. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I went and spectated. Three rows, Most modern first with yellow/green number stickers, intermediate old second with orange number stickers, and the oldest with red number stickers last. One husky, a guy with a go pro like device on top of the helmet and what looked like a 390 or so in the red row. Another similar bike with a for sale sign in the pits with footpegs that looked hardly used it was an Or, 390 the guy said it was kind or rare this side of the Mississippi. Not too much European stuff and the most in the five or so in the red row. A couple of bikes had turn signals and at least one with a plate. I could be seen sitting on a log before a little mud spot water crossing, was the guy entered on here? Plenty of sweepers going around so one can evaluate how the suspension has improved over the years.
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  11. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, I was there with my GoPro. I was in the last row (red) with my 73 Husky CR250. Had a blast. I'm a Trials guy, so not very fast in hare scrambles. Will try to get to as many as I can, but some are on the same day as a Trials event, like this weekend. I have an event in Meriden, CT. Can't make it to CATRA.
    NETRA is a very friendly and helpful crowd.
  12. Dwarf66 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 250OR 84 250WR 87 510 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    78.5 RM250C-2 82 PE175Z
    I am in need of a flywheel side nut left hand thread if anyone has a spare to fit Husky. FranK I will be at the next event racing my 82PE with tall seat. Come over and say hi.
    Marc
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    87 250 WR NUT HERE DONT KNOW ON THE FITTAGE 2DAYS NEW WORD FITTAGE:thumbsup:
  14. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    you should really look into upgrading to burning pellets instead of wood in that computer. much cheaper and more efficient!:thumbsup:
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I believe Kevin Hines raced a husqvarna auto. He had no problems with it.
  16. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Springfield motorcycle club, Brimfield Ma, Contact person Jim Mitchell. May 23 3pm That appears to be in about 7 days. I can't see having anything that doesn't just go into the at least 25 years old class. I think I will enter. If you need the one for the small taper I can bring one that is providing it isn't pouring rain or something.
    Dwarf66 likes this.