1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

NETRA ANNOUNCES NEW VINTAGE RACING SERIES

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Gord, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Husky-Nut Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 WR250, 2020 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    1931 Indian 101 Scout, 1936 Chief
    Hey Gord,

Do we get extra points for wearing period correct riding equipment? :thumbsup:

Hi-Point LEATHER boots, Jofa mouth guard, Griffs pants, Bell Moto 3 helmet? :oldman:

Also, no motor homes! :naughty: Bike must be in the back of your pre-90's pickup, or El Camino! (unless you have a GENUINE Hosclaw 3-rail trailer!) :cheers:

I can't WAIT for this to start!

:banana::banana::banana:
    troy deck likes this.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I have some old big blue, yellow big "H" jerseys and pants away eons ago. They came with some parts.
  3. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't make any promises, but there might be some extra points in it for you if you show up with this rig.

VWBike.jpg
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I hope this will put the old husqvarnas in the for front again and raise interest in the new ones. It's a win win for everyone.

Before this site I been a lone wolf husky decaded rider . I did meet one other person who rode the dam also. Now there are more than I expected and that's a good thing.

I can ride to the Dam good rides.
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
  6. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Many of the riders riding the NETRA series go to Unadilla. That link is for 2014. The dates for 2015 MX Rewind are June 5th, 6th and 7th. Anyone who has been there knows this is a not to be missed event.
    Norman Foley and Dwarf66 like this.
  7. Dwarf66 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 250OR 84 250WR 87 510 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    78.5 RM250C-2 82 PE175Z
    Pre Modern is any bike with a disc after 76. Rokon is the exception. No amateur /expert. We are trying to have fun not get complicated like other series. 3 classes for the bikes. Period. All level of riders will be riding and that is good for all of us. You will need a NETRA card. Looking forward to meeting you. The NETRA banquet is Jan 10. Look at the website for details. We will have vintage bikes all over the hotel. Lots of vintage guys there to answer quetions. Look me up. I will have the Husky in the pic there.
    Marc
  8. Dwarf66 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    78.5 RM250C-2 82 PE175Z
    If anyone knows of a landowner with a track or that can build a basic track I am sure a club would love to put on an event with woods, grass track and some MX!! Let us know.
    ray_ray likes this.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now

So an '82/'81 with a disc brake that's not original can race the pre modern class?
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    this site dose kickass and chew bubble gum and we are all out of bubble gum the people on it are a pretty sharp bunch to :thumbsup:
  11. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes.
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  12. Dwarf66 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    78.5 RM250C-2 82 PE175Z
    Just letting everyone know that NEDB site is no longer. Please see my new Facebook page New England Vintage Dirt Bikes to keep in touch and get info on parts tech and events especially with the new NETRA Vintage Series.
    Marc
  13. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can also join the NETRA forum site and click on "Vintage" in the sub forums section. You don't have to belong to NETRA to participate in the forum. This will keep everyone up to date with events and you'll also be able to follow some cool vintage restoration projects. http://forum.netra.org/viewforum.php?f=37
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  14. FirstEliminator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    couple good ones and a few projects
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Bergs
    I signed up for the Netra forum. Got the e-mail reply from the Netra webmaster stating I've been approved, but, I cannot post a message on the forum. My Netra membership has expired because I didn't ride last year. It seems as though you must have an active Netra membership to post on the forum.
    With the potential closing of NEDB, I'd suspect the Netra forum would be the go-to forum for dirtbiking in the Northeast. However, it seems you cannot participate in the Netra forum unless you are an active Netra member. You can read it, but you cannot post. Hopefully someone else asks the question you're looking for an answer to. I don't know the number, but I think it's safe to say that not everyone that participated on the NEDB forum was an active Netra member. $45 bucks a year to use the Netra forum or talk on NEDB for free. Perhaps this is why the Netra forum sat idle until the closure announcement of NEDB.
    If Netra does want to be the "go-to" forum for dirtbiking in the northeast, they will allow better access to most parts of the forum for non-members.
  15. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

So far you are the first person, I know of, who has been unable to post. I plan on joining NETRA so I can race some of the Vintage Series races, but I don't belong right now. I filled out the registration form and left the box for "your NETRA number" empty. But I can still post on the forum site and so can anyone else who has done the same.
    Maybe you should contact the webmaster and find out why you are unable to post. I'm sure they will straighten it out.
  16. FirstEliminator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    couple good ones and a few projects
    Other Motorcycles:
    some Bergs
    Hey Gord,
    I did contact the webmaster. He got my settings straitened out where I can post now. What I am learning is a week or two ago, the set-up was you did have to be a member to post. That was supposedly changed. I am not sure why I could read, but not post. Today, there are icons for making a reply to a post that weren't there yesterday. Not sure what was going on.
  17. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I'm going to renew my membership with NETRA but will sit and watch the races.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Come on Bigbill, get that Husky built and start racing! You'll have a blast!:oldman:
  19. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I hope my son will race it. My 64yo body is battered up really bad. My heart is in it.
    Dwarf66 and Norman Foley like this.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm 60 and pretty beat up from a life time of hard physical labor and injuries, but still keep riding and racing. I've had the same orthopedic surgeon, for 35 years and he just shakes his head. My inspiration, is a 77 year old friend, who still races enduros and hare scrambles. He rode an enduro, 10 weeks after open heart surgery, at 72... He's tough.

I don't know you, so can't speak to your condition, but don't sell yourself short! Enjoy the NETRA Vintage Series, in anyway you can!
    Dwarf66 and dartyppyt like this.