1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

NETRA ANNOUNCES NEW VINTAGE RACING SERIES

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Gord, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dwarf66 likes this.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Eastford Ct and Brimfield Ma are real close to me. Kind of curious how it will play out It sounds like a Saturday event. I had enough trouble riding past my abilities at the Kemp Stwart Memorial enduro not sure it would be advisable to get out on a track with significant passing.
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I worked with Kemp Stewart. He was New England Grand Enduro champion in 1993. I worked with him at the same company for almost 4 years and I really felt a sense of loss after hearing about his passing last year
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I been praying for this. Now to wake up my son and get him on board. It's all in our area. Now what years and cc's? I have early 80's huskys.
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  5. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a Hare Scrambles Series. Not MX. You will have a blast. Some guys just ride the loop, taking it easy having fun on the bikes they have or bikes they restored from their youth. Just old guys on old bikes having fun and bs'ing about their bikes. Very low key.
    ray_ray and Dwarf66 like this.
  6. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

For now there is no breakdown on CC's. The classes are:
    "Vintage" (Pre 1976)
    "Post Vintage" (Post 1975 bikes with front and rear drum brakes)
    "Pre Modern" (Pre 1990)
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    For fun sounds good just to be there and see the evolution. For some just the survival is winning.

This could turn out to be bigger than they think.

On a sad not the vintage racing will gain in popularity but so will the prices on bikes and parts. The older husky dealers can sell there parts now.

Vintage hare scramble.

I wish we had cafe husky shirts and hats. Maybe jerseys with our name across the back so we know each other at the races. Charge a tad extra to support this awesome site too.
    troy deck likes this.
  8. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have a very good idea of how the pee wee nervous novice junior enduro went on saturday and the three heats of hare scramble on sunday went 16 to 12 years ago. So are you saying there won't be any minors who have or will soon make A class going around at the same time?
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You might be suprised how much stuff might just be given away to someone actuallly using this type of equipment.
  10. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    just us old farts bs,img? I hope not......id like to see the youngsters in awe of the dinosuars
  11. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

There could be a couple races where the Juniors will run at the same time, but that's it, and we are unsure which ones at this time. Otherwise the Vintage is a stand alone race. No worries.
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  12. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

There's plenty of youngsters and adult spectators on Saturday that love watching the old bikes. There are also a couple young riders on Pre 76 and PV bikes appreciating how it all started with 4" of travel.
    Dwarf66 likes this.
  13. Dwarf66 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 250OR 84 250WR 87 510 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    78.5 RM250C-2 82 PE175Z
    Gord is absolutely correct. I am on the Vintage Comp committee. Ride/Race your old bikes. We had a blast building this series last season. The kids love us and can't believe old bikes can rip like that. I even got to race with my son and he liked it better than racing with the other juniors. Less pressure and lots of laughs. There are vintage bikes out there to be had for short money.
    PS I have two 80's husky's I need parts for.
    ray_ray likes this.
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got it 3 classes

"Vintage" (Pre 1976)
    "Post Vintage" (Post 1975 bikes with front and rear drum brakes)
    "Pre Modern" (Pre 1990) Meaning 82-1989 if it has a disc on either end?

will the 3 classes be broke into amatuer and expert?

Netra ca-hd (cheep boston joke) needed or Ahrma?

Sorry for the questions but super pumped about this (Albany area guy)
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You need your NETRA ca-hd Joe and vintage guys don't get a printed NETRA Newsletter, though they should on recycled paper from old Cycle Sport mags!
  16. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I know this is going to be a start of something really big.

Think about a vintage bike show near the food stand. People can browse while they eat (lunch break)
    I'd like to see the non racers interested too. If you plant the seed it may grow.

In the future for thought incase it developes and starts leaning towards adding on a vintage MX track the lower part of thomaston dam surely looks like an area to keep in mind. I have a gutt feeling it's going towards vintage MX too. With some hard work the dam could support vintage MX.
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just a few comments
    NETRA is the first letters of the following new england trail rider association. There has (most liely) to be another orginization for motox. I Would guess Cetntral Cycle club in Plainfield Ct is in both.
    Thomaston dam in or near thomaston Ct like hodges dam in or near oxford Ma are owned by the army corps of engineers and have some single track for public use with some fine print.
    I believe it is the Pathfinders club that gets special permission to halt free use of the area and charge money to put on their events on special days.
    If you had a NETRA membership years ago I have no problem filling out the paperwork as a renewal and using the origional number.
    Once upon a time I got a pin a bumper sticker and perhaps a few other items then a newsletter once a month. I just renewed lately and there was a spot for an email address, the newsletter comes as a link in the email, I need to download it and save in a folder. My guess is if you have no email then may well send you one via the mail.
  18. Auslander Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm looking forward to this and hope to get my '79 CR250 in questionably rideable shape over the winter. I assume the bikes won't need to be plated.
  19. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Auslander, All the races are closed courses. No plates required.
  20. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My hopes are crushed no MX.