Need some VIN Expert Help

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by AbramzTnk, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

I looked at the the huskyclub site (http://www.huskyclub.com/model.htm) to confirm what I think I have (92 WXE 250) is actually what I have. The Swingarm sticker says WXE 250, The sticker on the left side of steering head says WR 250 and according to the VIN as referenced on the aforementioned site, it is a 250 CR Cross or WR. My VIN, has the "PV" number, Not the "NV" number the Husky club said it should have. Additonally, the numbers coincide with a 93, not a 92. I realize that Cagiva had Husky and that threw things in turmoil, but what gives? Anybody got a clue? OH HUSKY GODS, PLS SMILE UPON ME! Thanks.

Tank

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

What a conundrum, right? Husky Gods must be keepin' all the good Juju for themselves. [IMG]

Tank
  3. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

In case anyone else was interested, as answered on KTMTalk.com:

P is the 1993 Husky model year

https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/Halls-...-Husqvarna.aspx
    for parts verification Halls has the (USA model only)catalogs.

Looks like the USA labeled/marketed models were WXC and WXE for 1993
    I think the only difference is with or without the lights (see WXE lights kit in the parts book for 93 250/360 models, all else is the exact same.
    They may have been labeled(stickered) differently in the EU countries with WR and probably had the CR (MX)versions there as well.
    That being said I am sure the US imported VIN numbers for both models are coded in the same series , just the stickers and added catalogged lighting kit are what the customer saw as different. That was the best I could do,hope it makes sense.
    Rob

This post has been edited by robertaccio on Feb 2 2011, 05:49 PM

--------------------
    Robert N.
    AMA Life, BRC
    Husqvarna TXC450
    www.bruxracingusa.com