1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Need Help Txc310r Not Starting

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by PastureRaised, Oct 11, 2020.

1. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    Hi, I was hoping someone can help me out with some ideas on getting this bike running, Its a 2014 TXC310R the bike does not want to start even with starting fluid. I do have spark and good compression, checked the valve shims and valve timing, the flywheel key is in good shape. everytime i turn it over and spay starting fluid into the intake it will give me a single pop out the exhaust and that's it doesn't even try to run for a second.
  2. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Hi take the injector out conect the wire back.. start with the e starter look at it ...is it spraying ? check the petrol filter in the Tank take the spark plug out as well is better to run for the e- starter
  3. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    Thank you for the reply i did check the injector it seems to spray one time as soon as i hit the starter and one time before i let go of the starter button.
  4. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Check the spark take it out and hit the e starter do u have a spark ? look as well to the impuls coil my one had the the blue wire los on the coil ... I was looking for a long time to find this out the injector it should spray nice when u turn the TPS maby a issue with the TPS !! get one from a friend u know how to reset the TPS ?

my bike was spraying not that god , I but a new injector , a TS ..21 euro near the timingchain a new stator with the coil send from Italy 165euro I but washer to the clutchsprings as well because of slipping at high rev in gear 4/5/6 bike is running perfect now .... sorry for my bad english

Attached Files:

5. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    Hi, thank you for your reply. I did check for spark and I have blue color spark. I also took out the injector and it seems to spray. I did check the flywheel and the key seems to be in good shape. the timing marks on the cams are apposite each other just with the top of the head cylinder. what am I missing? i sprayed starting fluid into the intake and only getting a pop shouldn't it turn over and run for a second?
  6. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    If you pull the coke what then ? Do you start with the kickstarter? was this bike running before? Dont spray that much if the injector ist srpraying then you not have to spray staerting fluid .. are not the inletvalves in bad shap ? did you check the valvclearence my one is 0.20 on all valves and is starting well
  7. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    It seems to spray this what i not understand you get pop because of the stfluid i thing you not geting petrol ..look to the petrolpipe it self.... are there conector green debris inside etc. ?
  8. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    I tried starting it with choke in and out, kicking it and electric start. The valves and clearances are all good. I would figure that it would run on starting fluid to eliminate any fuel problems. did anybody try starting a bike on starting fluid i would guess it would run for a couple of seconds like a car or lawnmower. I am thinking something has to do with ignition timing but the woodruff key is in good shape and there is no way to set ignition timing on these bikes is there a way to check if its spark plug is firing on time?
  9. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Hi take the spark out conect and make a vidio run with the e starter ... take the injetor out hit the e-starter make a vidio I will see this what happend how the spark is and how the injector is spraying there is no timming issue maby a sparkplug it self... get a new one as well forget about to start with the starter fluid it is not good at all to the engine !!
  10. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    Hi, I did check for spark again and its bright and blue. I didn't hook up the gas tank because I feel like it should run on starting fluid for a second or 2. what i did notice that I am getting suction out of the exhaust when cranking it over. Any ideas?
  11. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Not sure about the starting fluid. but I've had similar issues with a ktm. Injector sprayed but bike wouldn't start. Spent hours trying different things. installed new injector bike fire right up.
    I would also try push starting it.
  12. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    Did a leakdown test, the results came back satisfactory

Attached Files:

13. PastureRaised Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TXC310R
    So this is my story: I grew up hunting, fishing and riding quads 4x4 and sport. Last year I got a yamaha ttr225 and that was my first introduction into dirt bikes. The adrenaline rush i got riding a dirt bike is something hard to explain. Anywho after 4 months my progression was getting slowed down by the ttr and i wanted something a little bigger so i sold the ttr and purchased a non running 2014 txc310 (it was ran dry of oil). after a new piston and cylinder head rebuild at the machine shop, the bike has good compression and spark but still no life in it. if someone could help me get on track would be much appreciated
  14. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Hi you have to go to a lot threads ...then u will see ... trenchcoat is a speziale man here on cafe husky I got a lot help from him.. read all what he posted
  15. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    Going by what I am reading You have checked about everything. Fuel, compression, spark. I would remove the head and redo the cam timing. I would make sure a valve wasn't sticking. I would eliminate any mechanical error first. It sounds like a timing problem to me.
  16. cordia Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM GasGas Honda
    Any update ?