1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Need help to get this 125 to idle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dubbs, Jun 26, 2009.

1. dubbs Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey guys. I just did my 144 kit and put on a new out of the box 38mm Air Striker carb. I can get the bike running and sounds good but the thing will not idle. My time got short working on it tonight so I thought I would see what adjustments you guys thought before I get a chance to work on it again on Monday.
    I have a 170 main, 50 pilot and DDK needle in the middle. Air screw is one turn out. Not sure what slide came with it.
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Your pilot seems overly large....if its really a 50 you will need to go much smaller....27.5 to 32 pilot is in the ball park...and 144 s tend to need leaner jetting to start with Are you running a PWK ??

A simple test...if your air screw needs to be out more than 2.25 turns then go to next size smaller pilot...or two

have you tried to turn the screw out slowly to see if it will hold an idle...after that the needle is generally a seat of the pants adjustment and sometimes the slide comes into play....

main jet is by color of plug and also by feel...to an extent

Lots of guys have 144 kits on here....and they are more finicky to jet as a rule...:thumbsup:

you will get plenty of input here......:notworthy:
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

say there troy.........he said he IS running a Air Styker which IS a PWK so if he puts in a 30 ish like a TMX it will be waaaay lean. He is in the ballpark with the jetting he lists for a PWK. True what you say on the AS and pilot relationship though. Husky 125 or 144 got to be warmed up thouroughly before fiddling though.

Joe
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Boy do I feel like a dumbass.....I thought the air striker was the power now thingie.....:doh:

thanks for clearing that up....
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

all good.........Dubbs called me the other night and it wiouldn't even start so we are getting there.......soon we have another happy 125......er.........144 guy on the trail.........Thats what the Cafe is all about my friend.

Happy Trails
    Joe