Need Help. New Member.630 Sms Hesitating Very Badly.

Discussion in '610/630' started by HGHGorilla, Jun 28, 2020.

1. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    So I have a 2011 630 sms with akra exhaust, power up, moose racing tuner, no air box mod (the labrynth S wasn’t in there when I bought it?), and it’s been Dyno’d 3 times.

I just got my bike back from it’s 3rd dyno, it had been slightly hesitating in 2nd gear at steady throttle around 4.5-6k RPM, and popping quite a bit.

Today was my first group ride since getting it back, and for the first half it was great! Most of the issues had been ironed out and there was barely any hesitation or lurching... the exhaust was cracking pretty loud though.

Halfway through the ride I was passing a car going about 104 km/h in 5th gear and my bike let out a loud BLAT BLAT BLAT! And pulled/hesitated hard enough to give me a little speed wobble. The entire rest of the ride I couldn’t go past 6k rpm in any gear past 2nd because when I did it would sputter, lurch, pull, and hesitate to hard that it was like the bike was trying to throw me off. It’s so bad that even other guys on the ride could see the bike throwing me around.

Can anyone help me? I’m at a total loss as to how this could happen half way through the ride
  2. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    double check you battery ground cable, along with all other ground connections to chassis. Last week my bike started hesitating under full throttle, I was 99% sure it was my fuel pump going out, not being strong enough to feed the injector at WOT, tuned out it was just a loose battery ground terminal connection. Tightened it up, bike is back to running perfect.

Bike's act really funny when they don't have good grounds, I would start with that.
    jmardy likes this.
  3. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    If it was the ground, why would it not happen until 6k rpm? At 5k it’s fine.
  4. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    Well the grounds weren’t the problem. ☹️