1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Need A New Battery!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Declan D, May 15, 2019.

1. Declan D Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello, i need a new battery, my old one is fried and it wont hold a charge anymore. What batteries you guys recommend and use. And are there any that i can find for a quick replacement that a can find at a auto zone or something similar.

I have a: 2008 te 450
  2. Jayden-R Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 KTM 250SX, 1986 Suzuki LT250
    I use an energizer BS240. You have to mix it yourself and charge it before use but it will last the longest. other than that any other battery will work as long as you regularly ride and keep it charged.
  3. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

a battery tender is your best friend. i have all my bikes on chargers. even a conventinal battery will last almost 6 years if you stay on top of it. that being said, i now go with the new lithium ion batteries.
  4. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    WPS Li or Shori Li

Paw Paw
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Earth X is what I use and have had good luck with up to 4 years life in Ducati and 2 and a half currently on my 310. I do use a Battery Tender as shown as it has a lead acid and LI setting. An older BT jr. had some issues charging on the bike but this one has been great. No clicking and the Earth X only needs a few minutes to trickle and be at full charge. That said. Once they fail it's pretty sudden. My plan is normally replace in 2 years based upon last few batteries if heading on a trip where you just don't need a failure.

41THnZ99akL.jpg
  6. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    I have 4 years on my current Shori with no issues. My buddy use the WPS and has had about the same life. Neither of us have used a battery tender to date.

Paw Paw
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Lithium is the go as it has generally higher amps -good for cold starts and are significantly lighter. They also need less tender time.