My Trail Buddy Rides A Real Trailbike 08/20/20

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I made a new trail riding friend over the spring. Her name is Lillie, and when we went on our first dualsport ride together, she had a Yamaha XT. She did not seem to be having too much enjoyment on that bike, though she was an avid rider of motocross and had a sportbike that she occasionally took to the track. I suggested that maybe she would have more fun if she had a bike that was more fun, and light...the key to fun days with a trail bike is light weight. And so, off she went, down to the KTM shop, and bought herself a brand new EXC 250. She had it lowered, added everything to the bike, seat, tires, skidplate, pipe guard, hand guards, etc....the whole nine yards, as far as I'm concerned...all before it was rolled out the dealership door and loaded into her truck bed.
    Yesterday was her first day of dualsport riding on the bike. We went up to Big Bear, hoping for another rain storm, and set off for a day of adventure. We started on a fairly easy trail, then progressed to an area that was more technical...and finally hit some advanced stuff. Lillie really loved her new ride, and what's not to love when you are suddenly piloting about 60 or 70 pounds less machine for the day? We never did manage to hit much rain, though the storm always seemed to be very nearby or had just passed through the area we were riding in. Still, the weather was at least 20 degrees cooler on the mountain, compared to where our homes were, and we appreciated the heck out of that.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    very cool and to have a riding bud makes it even better:thumbsup:
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Lillie looks happy! She doesn't look much taller than me. Nice bike, but that slim sliver of a seat looks painful! :D
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I know, right? I can barely stand the standard height/ soft foam Guts Racing seat that I put on my bike.:censored:
    WoodsChick likes this.
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    that seat is awful, did not catch that, looks like the comfort of a wood plank :banana:
    WoodsChick and Dirtdame like this.