1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

My Tc250 Is Now A Te310, Ecu Issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by glen riches, Oct 31, 2017.

1. glen riches Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm250
    Hi Guys,

I love my tc250 but after knocking the oil line (to the intermediate shaft on the head) and kinking/ damaging it the engine starved of oil and the piston stopped abruptly.

I have now rebuilt it fully with te310 cases, crank, barell and head. I brought a te310 ecu also thinking it would would work. Boy was I wrong!

So now I have the delimber of sorting out the fueling. I have rung a company who remap hear in nz and they couldn't do anything.

Has anyone done this before?
    Does anyone have any ideas that wont run the cot of the build up too much higher... I have thought about a power commander ect, but im not the biggest fan of piggy back's.
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    try your old ecu (if it's compatible) and see if there is a positive change.
  3. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    The TE ECU software would be looking for O2 sensor feedback, which does not exist on your TC. Your TC doesn't have a clutch switch either, which is a circuit that needs to be closed before the bike will start on a TE ECU. It's difficult to speculate what else the TE ECU would require. The best thing to do would be to have it reflashed as a TC 310. I bet ZipTy could do that.

What year is your TC 250? Is the FI Mikuni or Keihin?

Do you get a spark when kicking the motor over?
  4. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    Actually, I think it may just be the O2 sensor. Looking at the schematics, The clutch switch just interrupts the relay. It does not tie back to the ECU.
  5. glen riches Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm250
    Yea it doesn't have the spark or injector pulse. If you are look at the same diagram as me I found the te has resistors before the Maqs sensor (map, temp ect) and the tc doesn't! I have been wondering about changing the air temp signal with a resitor in the line...
    Surely if the o2 sensor didn't exist it would just run in open loop? (as a car or truck would?)

I contacted zip tie before i started and didn't hear back so was guessing he couldn't help.
    Its a 2011 with mikuni injection

You can't by an interface kit and change
    the mapping can you?
  6. glen riches Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm250
    old ecu runs the bike perfectly (half a kick and it started), sorry should have put this in the title. The wiring diagrams are almost the same for the two ecus but not quite. Different terminals for the run circuit and resistors into the maqs sensor on the te.
  7. durtkillon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Sherco X-Ride
    I believe the Mikuni interface tool is referred to as the iBeat. I have zero experinece with it and could not speak to what it enables you to change.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/the-ibeat-thread.44621/

Zipty answers to calls much better than email. They are very experienced with tuning and performance mods and are willing to talk to Itallian Husky owners, which is rare.
  8. glen riches Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm250
    Thanks mate, I have looked into that (got quite excited), then realised that the interface is a 6 pin plug where as the microtech ecu loom (tc250) is only a 4 pin plug. Hoping like crazy ziptie can do something. I have emailed him again and will ring if I don't hear back?