1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

my tc 250 review the good, bad and ugly!!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fire1998, Jan 15, 2012.

1. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought a low hour demo 2010 TC 250 after researching bike. Bike had great reviews, if ya can figure out starting. I had my first ride/race today, 2 hour hare scramble. Here's the good:

-power is awesome!! Love it!! Bike has full akro exhaust and runs great......when its running!!
    -Finally parked it after a 10 minute stall!! W T F!!
    -Handling is typical newer husky awesome. Bike turns great and goes straight.
    -LT racing revalve works great!! After comming off 2011 GasGas with 45 zokes with full revalve, the KYB's are awesome. Bottoming is great!!
    -bike is light and easy to throw around.
    -brakes are great
    -love the ergos for my 6' 4" frame

The bad/ugly:
    -bike had several flameouts during race. Would come into a corner and bike would just stall. Almost like it ran out of fuel. The only mod I have done is Halls Husky Jetting and a Boysen Quick Shot 2.
    -after bike quit it would not start. In 3 laps I flamed out 4 times and spent forever kicking!! I wore myself out. I have the halls husky recommended jetting for 5000' altitude.
    -did I mention bike would not start
    I have rekluse in the garage. Hopefully this will help. Im hoping I can get the flameout/starting problem solved because the bike is awesome!!

PS: Dirt magazines suck!! Everyone said bike was weak on power. Not everyone is a PRO rider!! I came off a 2011 GasGas 300 and was not needing anymore power from the TC. Just row the gear box and smile!!
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Not enough hours on it maybe

Good luck
  3. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I agree 100 percent on power and handling. My bike had been running great for the 9 months I have owned it until the last ride and I was getting flame-out even with rekluse. Bike has a remote fuel screw that had frozen up and I had been trying to free it up. This makes me think I got it out of adjustment and they may be very touchy on fuel screw. Only other thing is maybe it is time for a plug, waiting on the right wrench to check.
    GP
  4. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    What year is it?
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    One more huge fan of the power band on the TC250.

The starting on mine was an issue at first also, the jd jet kit, jd fuel screw, and Bills MC plus polished cams and tappets fixed that problem.

If yours kicks fine it doesn't need the cam mod, mine would come up solid and not kick through once in a while. It would also kick back really bad once in a while.

Now it is a consistent 1-2 kick starter cold, and hot if it is shut off with the button it is 2-3 kicks with the hot start pulled.

If you stall it, or it pop stalls it is a crap shoot. It might start in 1 kick, or 20.

Great bike, I love the handling and the motor, but there is no way I would race it off road without a recluse.

For Mx it was fine, once in a while it would stall coming off a jump or hitting braking bumps. Really odd, if you left the clutch out and let it roll it would coast to a stop with the engine turning over. Almost like the auto decomp would engage. If I pulled the clutch in and let the engine stop it would bump start fine. It only happened 5-6 times in the 40 hours I have ridden it. Not a huge deal but it did cost me one moto win.

Still a awesome bike, mine is for sale unfortunately. Medical bills need the money and me retiring from going fast means having a MX bike doesn't make much sense.

Later,
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bike starts fine cold, 1-2 kicks. Bike starts ok after shut off with kill switch. When bike stalls it does feel like decompression kicks in. Just rolls down track but won't fire. Other times it will fire back up after a quick pull in on the clutch. After it stalls i can move kick lever like 5-10 strokes without finding tdc. Then it will finally find it.. I'm a little worried I bought a bike I cant ride while racing.
  8. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Get it tuned right and it will be fine. Once it is tuned, it will not stall with a rekluse.
  9. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Thought my bike is a TXC, I had trouble hot starting as well with the e-starter and the kicker. Using the kicker was like battling a brick wall. Like you said, sometimes the kicker would just fall past TDC and then the next stroke felt like the engine was locked tight. On mine, it turned out to be the spring on the exhaust cam. The cam didn't solve my e-start issues, but it made it an extremely reliable kickstart bike. When i'm on sure footing (i'm short), one slow kick through and then a crisp kick and it fires right up. Might not be your issue, but it only takes a second to loosen the bolts on the head and check. Here is the thread with the pics of the two different springs:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/my-hot-starting-issues-solved-2010-txc-250.18204/

I also had a lot of problems with stalling when I first got my bike. It would just cut off while riding on a steady throttle! My problems with stalling all turned out to be tuning. I got the JD tuner and the stalling problems are almost nonexistent. I'm sure some tinkering with your carb will make that disappear.
  10. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What's the difference between JD's jetting kit and the Halls Husky kit?
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    JD makes his own custom needles, there is two in the kit. One is leaner than the other for high elevation.

Later,
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just discovered yesterday the reason I had stalling issues was the rekluse had gotten out of adjustment, not enough slip.
    My confidence in the bike is restored.
    GP
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That's good news Gary. :thumbsup:
  14. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ordered a JD jetting kit and installed it. Bike started right up but have not ridden it hard yet just around block. Rekluse is going in friday. Hopefully this cures my problem with bike. Have a big race next month in Laughlin, Nv and don't wont to travel all the way out there to kick the bike 200 times during race!!
    water racer and Phoenix like this.
  15. denci4 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250
    I own TC250 2010 and i have a problem with bogs and popping while accelerating:mad:
    Motor starts very good in first kick at every conditions - cold or hot, idle running smoothly without problems but when throttle is turn on quickly motor starts bogging, seems like interruption during ignition process or somtehing like this and sometimes heard some popping/backfire form exhust.
    The most interestant thing is that motor somethimes works perfectly from starting,sometimes starts working perfectly after riding lets say some time, arround half of hour.
    I have cheked valves clearences, all ok, i have measured TPS sensor, values at close and open throttle position are ok, repleced spurk plug, clean spark plug connections, regulate the air screw mixture at 2 round out from close position, cleaned air filter so i have no more ideas:rolleyes::confused:
    I repacked muffler few days ago and motor running worse after that, what is your experiances with muffler repack, i susepct that i have no refilled muffler tightly enoug with glass fiber so something wrong with backpressure??
    But the main problems as i said is boging and unevenly acceration with some kind of igition interruption, maybe someone culd help me?
  16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2010 TC 250 would have a carb so the pump and injector are out as being a problem
  17. denci4 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Accelerator pump maybe. Contaminated float bowl or wrong fuel level.

Sheesh- I thought the '09s were the last year carbed, first xlites.
  19. denci4 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250
    What supossed to be wrong with accelerate pump, how i can repair it?
  20. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Some have 2 jets, or a check ball and 1 jet: 1 to let gas in, 1 to spray it out. Clean them. Check the diaphragm for tears.

Inspect by looking down the intake for a nice even spray (or two) while giving the throttle a quick twist. Use a mirror.