1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st My new 2007 WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Borntoride71, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    New Impression on my recently 07 Wr 250.
    Just found this Bike on a garage with only 29 hours of use... Paid for it inmediatly and took her home 650 kms ride on my van... !!!
    Even The Front and rear Excel Rims has the stickers on it from the factory...,,... and both front and rear tire OEM from factory... couldnt believe it...
    The Motor has never been Opened...
    Being a KTM rider for the last 30 years.. All I can say this Bike rocks !

My First Ride was with fresh snow..and had a Blast.... Been out like 10 tiems...dry soil...snow, mud... and she is a really cool fun bike on all these terrains...
    It feels waaaaayyyyy more Stable at all speeds than all my Previous 250 o 300 orange smokers...
    Its tall, so it fitted me like a glove !
    Already lowered the OEM Needle 1 clip up... And changed the Pilot to a 32.5 and kept the OEM Main 380. And a real clean at the carb job I did before riding her...
    Changed the Old Style Front fender to a newer one...New back Dunlop tire, carbon pipe protector, new grips, new stickers, new hand guards...
    The Bike is lovely for tight wood or technical Hard Enduro OEM package...
    The Suspension for my fat 220 lbs feels really good as long Im Trail riding , I believe its still have not broken it yet... since the bike was used to poke arround in a small town by a 65 year old Original owner...never been in the mud or enduro riding.....
    For Mx Track Ill know ill need it revalved and re sprung - Normal on all OEM bikes - but for now ill leave it like this...
    So Far my only Complain is the REAL SHORT 5th Gear... Crazy Short !! So its oriented to Racing Special Tests or Endurocross.. not like a normal Enduro 5th Long Gear.. this one is Short.. veryyy short !
    But, Im using it for gnarly Enduro Technical stuff.. So Im Happy.

All I can Say being My first 2 Stroke Husqvarna Its an Awesome Light and Playfull Bike in OEM form !!!

Im Waiting for My JD Jetting Set , to Make it perfect...

Hope this Helps anyone looking for any WR 250... Compared to KTM is 1.000 Times More Stable at the Front End - at high speed or low speed -and more predictable side to side quick turns,, etc.
    We all know KTM is really Nervous and Unstable al the Front end in Stock form... The PDS needs $$$$$$$$ to make it decent...
    This one felt great since my 1st minute riding it...!!!

I Repeat THE Only Downside is a SHORT 5th Gear... on this bike... and a weird short starting lever..compared to all other brands...but got used to it in less tan 30 minutes...

Look Awesome, feels Awesome in Stock form, And will Update u guys after JD JETTING re jet and maybe a Gnarly Pipe as Ive Exactly done with all my past 2 Strokes.. with perfect Predictable and positive Results !!!

Cheers

Attached Files:

• 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      188.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      129.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpeg
      4.jpeg
      File size:
      139.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpeg
      5.jpeg
      File size:
      157.4 KB
      Views:
    gaz, Giack Husky310R and Dirtdame like this.
  2. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    More pics..
    Heard about a Conversion from a older CR or WR Gear Box Installed in this bike... Do they have a longer 5th gear or even a 6th gear ? Any input on this ? Thanks

Attached Files:

• 6.jpeg
      6.jpeg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpeg
      7.jpeg
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views:
    2premo likes this.
  3. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    This is correct, I had a WR300 2010 and changed the transmission to a WR250 from 2001 with is also 5 speed but with a wider ratio, mostly the last gears are taller.
    With the OEM WR300 trans I geared it high on the secondary with 14/48 sprockets to get some decent cruise speeds , but the first gear was way too high , like second gear on other bikes, and doing slow technical stuff required lots of clutch abuse. With the 2001 trans I geared down to 13/48 and that was perfect for me, good first gear and decent cruise speeds.

The WR360 did offer a six speed transmission, you could also use on of those if you can find one, not that easy...

here you can see the differences of the gearings:

WR300 2010:
    WR300.png

WR250 99-00:
    WR250-99-00.png

WR360:
    WR360.png

You can do full gearing graph comparison in https://www.gearingcommander.com/

Cheers.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  4. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Wooowww.. Awesome Info Dude !!! Im Gonna Look into This, Cause my bike with the OEM 14-48 it has, the 5th gear at the connecting roads feels like a 4th Gear on a KTM XCW ...

Thanks for the Help !!
  5. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    @Borntoride71 I share your thoughts on the impressions ktm vs husky...in fact after the first husqvarna I sold the two ktms and took a completely different path with other husqvarnas and a sherco
    If I can just make you a note I don't like that much (but tastes are tastes) the 2014 Husqvarna fender on a real (for me) husqvarna which looks better with its original fender
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  6. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    I love the way it looks with the newer fender... :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• 7.jpeg
      7.jpeg
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views:
    Giack Husky310R likes this.
  7. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Nice find sir! Having an 06 WR250 and a newer 20 TE250i, I find them both substantially more “planted” than my 2010 EXC 300 and can appreciate what you’re saying regarding the stability of your “newbie”. I actually feel a lot of similarities between the two Huskies handling wise. But the old WR has the infamous zokes, that are pretty ordinary. The front end is heavy and a bit prone to ploughing in tight sandy corners.
    The Katoom OC forks are much better and the power helps with steering from the rear.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  8. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used to have a 2006 and a 2007 Husqvarna WR250.. I was planning on doing some upgrades etc. But sold them both.. But I do still have a WR360 bottom end.. I will be listing it soon.. I'm near Toronto, Ontario Canada.. :cheers:

_20210206_090649.JPG _20210206_090829.JPG
  9. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Also have a rebuilt WR250 engine with the Wide Ratio 5 Speed Gears.. Might be complete but I can't say 100% for sure because the engine was not mine when the work was done by Lang's Off-Road in Ontario Canada.. I will be listing this soon also.. :cheers:

_20210206_091922.JPG _20210206_092001.JPG _20210206_092126.JPG
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  10. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    BorntoRide
    Nice looking ride ..... if anything get a skid plate under her
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  11. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Sure will do...

Ill try to make 1 of my own, using the same material as Polisport Newer Skidplates for KTMS bikes are using... some sort of super resistant plastic..

Ill like to avoid the Traditional Aluminum ones available these days..