1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My first resto!1984 250 xc

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by LEADVILLEHUSKY, Oct 31, 2010.

1. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

I just started a resto, more of a clean up. my 250 didnt need much to start. very little were and tear on the bike, still has orig. tires and brakes, there gona stay on!this bike would make a great grand prix 250!

Attached Files:

2. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

i striped and painted every thing, used chasie coater on the pegs and all things black.repacked bearing . alot of time and im not even close yet
  3. Husky37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 CR500, 85 CR500, 89 TE 610
    Everybody has to start somewhere..... there.s a lot of time spent with no results to show for it.....

Did you have the frame powder coated?

Looking for to seeing it get reborn.

Stu
  4. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

not gona powder coat this one. used industal single stage,more cost effective. im a body man. i got most every thing back in frame. wainting on the shocks to be rebuilt,than more painting. i will post more pics this weekend
  5. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

6. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Liking that KT250 in the background :thumbsup:
  7. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

the OP is my younger more heathy Brother, i turned him on to Trials, and he raced his first vintage MX last summer, and kicked ass...
    he rode my KT and thought he should have one as well....
    well see how well he does on the expert line on the green machine, with his new green pants....yea!
    be very very careful.....old crusty motorcycles is very addicting.
  8. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

For what its worth, kickstart lever is not an '84 item. Looks like it fits the engine well though. Probably '83 or earlier version. Again for what its worth, no insults intended. Assume it gets the job done.
  9. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

its what was on the bike, very low serial number. i got a nice 83 tank and xc seat! havent decided which way to go
  10. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    The 84 stright kickstart lever was a mid year addition. My 84 WR has the curved one also.
  11. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

the Gunner gasser, and the Gunner kicker...the kicker was a cast part that broke easy at the joint, the Gasser kinda just stayed the corse.. Gunner made a kill button as well, to bad Husky didnt opt for that button...