1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My fins are ringing!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Leftcoast leftkicker, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any suggestions for locating rubber inserts similar to the ones Husky used on their enduro models late '70s? Don't want to use cut up inner tubes.
  2. plesh490 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Use some 3/8 back fuel line. Works great. Just cut 1' pieces and squish um inbetween the fins. Or, you could have somebody weld verticle vibe strips on your cylinder, but that is a lot more involved. They will help to cut down the vibes, and it is cheap. Take care.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Exactly what I used on my 83 430 to replace the dry rotted old stuff and was surprised how much more new rubber quieted it down.
  4. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

well d'oh, if'n i only opened my work bench drawers and looked in 'em i'da seen this stuff
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Me, too. Let it RING!!! That's part of the allure of an air cooled big bore. I got to ride a really nice 81 KTM 495 recently and the sound was almost deafening, even at speed on an MX track. Loved it!!
  6. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

ahh, but doktor evil's plan is to sneak up on the competition!
  7. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

You guys are mental. Let me send you some Georgia clay to stuff in the fins. Works purty good. Getinitout is a problem tho!