Mousses in small applications

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by ct cr430, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    I know what mousses are but have never used them to my knowledge but i have some questions to those that do . Has anyone tried these on small application such as a 3.00x12 tire ? I’m sure it could/would be a nightmare to install but just looking at options for my friends business . Tires would not be under power but instead they would be towed with a max speed of maybe 25mph . How about the difference in feel from possible 80to 90f and below freezing . I’ll go into more details of the use for this if asked , that’s not a problem . I just didn’t want to write a book to ask these questions . Thanks for any replies .
  2. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    should work
    depends really on speeds and distance run between cooling down as they can generate heat depending on loading- use an old front mousse and cut it to size
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Thank you for the reply . I was thinking it should work also but was looking for opinions from others that have used mousses . I’m still a bit concerned about longevity and how it would compare to inflated tires at different temps .
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the thing is all about the OD. and the ID of the tire its going into. like ct stated its about cutting and fitting for a mini tire. its tough if you dont have spares , I have a box full of peices with many dia from age as well as original sizes. take a tape and measure the tire id then find a compatible size mousse and cut it to fit. Nitro mousses are best for this because the part number is the od of the mousse. make sense? if not hit me up. also for an idea you can watch the Ty Davis viddy we did with him about stuffing pieces into tires, so you can see the way to do it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdUWsk1-gnE