1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Motivation

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by 84scrambler, Jul 22, 2016.

1. 84scrambler Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 xc 250, 85 wrx 250, 79 wr 250
    Just think if we all had it to put towards our old Swedish iron as much as we do our jobs how nice they could be...
    What is the reason that keeps each one of us from starting ? Is it hidden away, in the back of the shed or garage? Not in your way each day for you to excite a positive feeling throughout your body or the thought of how awesome its going to turn out when completed.

Is it the funds? I think that's the first thing guys say but in reality it really don't cost that much to do one, compared to a new bike its not even close. Besides that its a little bit here and there.

Is it the room? most guys feel that it takes a shop and all the bells and whistles to do what it takes to resto one. Well, I can vouch for that because it don't. But I personally could use a nice shop...

Is it the parts? sometimes it can be a pain when it comes down to searching for that one part but that's part of the build. I personally am not a computer guy but if it was not for them I probably would not even have my bikes that I do now. Thank you for Cafe Husky, if you need that part or a little help just ask or search away here...

Is it to many irons in the fire? I for one can attest to that... I live my life out side literally, or in the garage. From running my own business to restoring a gravely lawn tractor, keeping vehicles going, maintaining a good looking home, making knifes, or back in forth to the high school. I am just interested in too many things dammit... I am still trying to figure this one out(my weakness)...

When is the time right? not sure about this one either, I need to do those last few touch's on my 79 and then I will be satisfied with it. Its not the brunt of the project its the finishing touches that get me. So, I am going to move the bike stand in the garage where you know who parks cuz my Scrambler is not going to sit out side. (sorry honey) it won't be long , I promise...

Enough blabbering, now get your self motivated and get to some wrench turning. O and don't forget to take pics, we live for pics on cafehusky .

Hope this helps at least one vintage swede come back around. Good luck with your project...
    juicypips likes this.
  2. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I can attest to meeting many of the conditions above in addition to the fact that my wife feels my pack of Swedish iron has no value and I am too old to play with them( age 56). Also I have to work on too many Swedish cars first. I have plenty of room that is temporarily impaired with 2 Saabs and a Dodge 1500 fwd truck taking up 3 out of 4 bays in my barn workshop
    84scrambler likes this.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    no turning wrenches for me tomorrow, im riding :cool:

seriously tho, nice write up.
    84scrambler likes this.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    no doubt a shed helps but it just fills with crap..nature abhors a vacuum.

but im riding today, done some spannering last week. I have a fergy tractor to reco, a tandam trailer (left by the sea for 5 years) an Austin a30 that needs an engine out tidy up and maintenance on 4 wheeler, water pump and chainsaw...oh yeah I got given an original fj45 trayback landcruiser ( 3 speed box!). will give it a body off reco next year.

heading to the Harrow 100 two day Vinduro nxt weekend....woo hoo.

have decided to spend the kids inheritance as they are making plenty and tidying up life....work is intermittent good for playtime bad for $$

it takes real guts to just chuck all the stuff ive carted around for years "in case I need it" but its steadily happening. really hard nosing the "do I really really need this??" decisions and dumping crap. got a pule of ebay bits and am currently doing the filing cabinets and ditching everything that 5 years old. ive got phone bills from 1998 fcs

aim to have a house and shed that's secure (just finished building) with minimal garden and maximum time to play. looking to spend 2 - 3 months each year traveling etc.

im nearly there..finish the restos and apart from bikes... that will be the end of the to do list....other than eating and drinking...always on the top of the to do list. just in front of riding....(all types of riding:cool:)

so in light of the first post you need to get a beer or three, stand in the shed and look at each project and say...Am I reeeaaally gunnado that?? then start taking photos. make a 3month plan to ditch the surplus stuff and concentrate on finishing the gems. unless you live to resto rather than ride then just keep perusing the classifieds:thumbsup:

cheers
    ajcmbrown, 84scrambler and juicypips like this.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Motivation, drive, but my health is holding me back right now. I'm still gathering parts. I probably won't ride but my museum pieces will look awesome.
    juicypips and 84scrambler like this.
  6. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I prefer stock unrestored racers over bling'ed out garage queens, so I have exactly what I want.
    motojason likes this.