MOTARD

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by organ donor, Mar 17, 2014.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Does ANYONE still make a 400 - 500cc single cylinder, road legal motard?
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Doesnt Sherco still make one? The "4.5i"
    4.5i.jpg
  3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

According to their brochure, 300cc is the max ... and `tis an enduro. Motards seem to have vanished.
  4. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    They've all but gone, road legal anyway. KTM still do the 690, the 450SMR is a race only bike. Yamaha do the XT660x. If you're lucky you may find a Husaberg FS570 second hand which was one of the last true road legal supermoto's or convert an enduro bike with 17's and a huge front brake.
    I miss SM's but there seems there were too few of us fans to support it.
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

End of the Road for us then. The motard is ideal for urban traffic so `tis a great pity. CCM has purloined a load of BMW 449 engines and is putting out a new `adventure´ bike. Their site (http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/) shows a very interesting frame technology and promises to use it with for a motard, so maybe it´ll be my future choice.
  6. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    Your best bet is to pick your favorite dual-sport and then buy a set of motard wheels. The added benefit is you have the option of throwing the stock dirt wheels on if the need arises.
  7. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

True! But single cylinder, road legal dual sport enduros are scarce and far between as well.
  8. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Isn't a Yamaha WR450 road legal over there? They make good SM's.
  9. Roadhazardguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM450r
    Other Motorcycles:
    89 ATK 406, 88 KDX 200
    I think ATK still makes a 450 SM. I'm not sure if it comes as street legal but I think it's based on the 450 enduro and that can come as street legal. Also you could get the ATK 700 or 620 2 stroke along with there SM kit. The way ATK has always had their titles and MSO's any of their bikes can be made street legal with a little work.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"any of their bikes can be made street legal with a little work"

Nothing´s easy in the land of the European Union
  11. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    What a pity, cos Supermoto is an absolute blast and i dont really fancy a KTM, which is why i bought my SM610.
    I hate the fact that KTM has the market essentially cornered, we need more choice and innovation.
    I think other bikers that see someone riding a motard know that theyre having LOADS of fun, and they get a little knot in their stomach with the desire to own one aswell : - )
  12. Roadhazardguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM450r
    Other Motorcycles:
    89 ATK 406, 88 KDX 200
    Well yeah sorry about that, I was mainly talking about the USA. Except for Commifornia that is.
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

.. it´d have to be `homolomologated´ by the EU commisars. Am still waiting for CCM to get their 449 units into a super moto and on gthe market (I like their bonded frame AND the motor)