1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

More initial power from my te 250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Nathan Smith, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Nathan Smith Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2012
    Hi folks,
    Looking to extract a little more bottom end bite to my husky te 250 12 model. Is there any common or proven ways of making this happen? im wanting a little more initial poke on the throttle, as at the moment it seems a little flat when approaching sections were I need to blip the front end up over rocks and logs ect. Any help is appreciated. :)
    Cheers
    Nath
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe load the suspension with a seat bounce? You can always use the clutch there but many of us do not have that skill perfected yet...

If you are standing on the pegs, load the suspension by just bouncing on the pegs ... Keeping the rear tire hooked is the issue here I usually have...

--

No clues here on 3rd party pipes and such but a different pipe might be what you are looking for ... Then, there is always lowering the gearing or trying some other tuning ...
  3. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    If you aren't worried about losing some top speed get a rear sprocket with a few more teeth. If your chain isn't long enough get a front sprocket with one less tooth. Have you done the ecu and injector upgrade?
    old3 likes this.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have an Arrow ti-pipe with SA and header along with a fine tune with I-beat and I like it better than my '12 TXC310 everywhere but in the sand where I need the power. The stock Te250 needs to be tuned just right to run well.

The 12pt injector makes the bike more snappy for sure but I think the 4pt puts the power down better in poor traction.
    Boogie and LandofMotards like this.
  5. Nathan Smith Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2012
    Hi, got a bigger rar sprocket 53 tooth, what is the ecu upgrade?
    thanks
  6. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I have a 13 TXC 250 and had the same issue. My best improvement has been a 12t front sprocket.

Getting over 40 hours on the bike helped also. The motor finally loosened up and seems to be a little snappier.

The FMF header seemed to help very slightly also.

I have the keihin fuel injection on my 13. I believe the 12 has a mikuni fuel injection system.
  7. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    First thing to consider is whether or not it is still restricted. It may have a throttle stop, air filter restrictor, catalytic converter etc. My motor had all that plus more but the 2011 onwards were very different (xlite). Someone here with an xlite motor might be able to give more accurate info.
    ray_ray and Boogie like this.
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    As above, make sure its fully de-restricted. Then tc250 muffler, txc ecu and 12 port injector or just tune your existing ecu and keep the stock 4 port injector.

Quote below and thread on the ecu injector upgrade here: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/12-hole-injector-upgrade-for-te250-te310.19669/

9. Nathan Smith Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2012
    Hi, How would I check if it is restricted ect? I don't think it is but its worth looking for, I appreciate all the help.
    Husky.JPG
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is your injector yellow or green?
  11. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    the injector yellow is what? and green is what?
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yellow is 4pt

green is 12pt
  13. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    I dont know much about a Te 250 but on my 2013 Tc 250 a PC t/5 exhaust made a huge difference in power every where. Very noticeable. In fact when I took off the T/5 and put the stock one back on.I could not believe the power loss it had.
  14. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I have a x lite 2011, TE250 and it doesnt lack anything in power, low end, etc. It is a rocket. The secret here with the 250's is to tune them right. A friend with KTM 450 says he is impressed with the power this little engine delivers.

List of things you need to check and do if required:
    • Remove the air filter cage, just leave the plastic insert(like a spider) that gives shape to the foam and attaches to the screw.
    • remove the catalityc converter, spark arrestor, db killer.
    • remove the O2 sensor and put in the resistor(jumper). I dont see the O2 plugged on your bike, so you must have done this already.
    • Check if you have the throttle stop or not.
    • Tune the CO2 values with ibeat properly and you will be more than happy with the bike, like me :-)
    • I have 13/50 gearing. More than that, the bike will be very very slow. The gearbox on these bikes is short enough.
    • Use Iridium spark plug Zipty sells them.
    To be honest I dont think you really need the injector and ECU upgrade, the bike can deliver lots of power and throttle response if well tuned. Maybe this ecu and injector upgrade helps, but I dont see it as a good invest in terms of results vs cost of upgrade, I mean, the bike can make you happy with the above(off course if well done)
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 12pt injector and CPU change the whole character of the bike.

It is much more snappy.....good in the sand.

The 4pt makes the motor seem more 4 stroke like. Better for mud and nasty woods.

Top end about the same.