More E-bike stuff - 2014 Zero SR

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    171 miles range in the city, 100 mph plus speed. Looks like were getting there. 0-95% charge in 1 hour. They claim almost nothing will beat it off the line and it does 3.3 0-60. Its very quick.

Test here...

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/t/24308

[IMG]
    jmetteer, Tinken and robertaccio like this.
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Very cool. And pricey. Need some affluent types to pave the way for us.
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Figure in zero gas and 300,000 mile battery life and that hacks some cost off. I can see it for commuting in cali for sure. I like the smart phone app customizable powerband and regenerative braking. They are getting really close to making all this a reality for the masses.
    jmetteer, Tinken and robertaccio like this.
  4. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool. At nearly $25k a bit out of reach for most, unfortunately now. I read the article and the only real issue appears to be the range -- perfect for urban settings. Its interesting because they seemed to talk about it like a real motorcycle, not a toy. Boy -- get them down to around $7k and I would be really interested.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    even got the styling going stronger, looks really good. Nice work ZERO!!
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    No kidding. Looks like a new FZ07
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    VolksEBiken
    robertaccio and Tinken like this.
  8. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    25k and when you see the forks/brakes it looks like pit bike stuff.

Seriously.

It still doesnt feel like a "real" motorcycle. But if you are used to a harley I bet its awesome! I want fully adjustable REAL 48-50mm ohlins forks and shock. Or WP with a REAL brake not a single piston/2 piston dirt caliper. Come on, just get some real forks and shock, beef up the triple clamps, some magura bars and beautiful brembo controls. Make it feel like a ducati superbike, not a nc700x that is electric and 3x the cost.

ever rode a ZERO or Brammo? They feel and look like bottom of the line parts bin bikes. Think buell blast. Brammo has some carbon, and a neat transmission :)

They still carry a premium price. (I am a huge advocate of electric but the prices are a joke)
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Okay, be nice now. You know that when you show up for the Sunday group ride, all your buddies will SEE you and be so jealous. Note I said see, not hear... because they won't HEAR you ;-) Though, I suspect that you will be the jealous one when you hit the range limit and your buddies drive off while you sit there charging for an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I would commute on one of these. I can get to work and back pretty much anywhere in the greater Sacramento area on a single charge. I'll just need one of these:
    View: http://youtu.be/CDafMzo4HO8
    so I can split lanes.

That, and it'd have to cost about $5K.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

MsGs 2014 IOM onboard lap:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxZs2-gICc&feature=player_embedded

The development of E Bikes in the TT, has been phenominal. Go search out the Mugen Shinden project. It's going to be all down to batteries, both capacity and weight. Hopefully, they'll start to make it more than a one lap sprint - though, that level of tech / expense to do that, could drive most of the teams away. I'm here in Zurich, waiting on a transfer to Riga to the MXDN, and I'm playing with a friends tablet thing - so I might just stuff this post up . This is good viewing, and is more 'scary' for it's lack of noise. 117.366 lap average, jumping in the 3 years Mugen (Honda) have done the TT Zero by about 20Mph lap average. Besidse battery life, it's the weight - in this next video, you'll hear the extra weight it brings to the bike - it's a hell of a lot. Though, bith McG and Anstey, report it's like a 250 GP bike to ride. I'm pretty sure that Honda will be emblazoned all over the bike, sooner, rather than later, as it as Mugen, has not caused a lose of 'face'. It's a pity MotoCzysz werem't there to continue their (winning) battle with Mugen / Honda, this year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzGYbdCpxg&feature=player_embedded
    robertaccio and boisedave like this.