MODS: Post approval requirement??

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by millenium7, Jun 30, 2015.

1. millenium7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    So i'm up to about 20 posts now and I still have this annoying restriction. I have to wait 2-3 days for every one of my posts to appear because someone has to approve it. This has resulted in the exact opposite purpose of the internet - speedy information and help. I'm guessing this was put in place to prevent spammers but this is insane, i've never seen a forum that would still require moderation after 20 posts, 2 or 3 'maybe'.
    Could you please remove this restriction, it's doing my head in
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Message "coffee"
  3. millenium7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Well, this is just ridiculous

I don't know how to privately message anyone, can't seem to find any way to do it. I've posted on Coffee's public profile thing and i've also used the 'Contact Us' form and nothing
    What's really silly is my posts have to be approved, if a mod is actually reading my posts when they approve it they'll continually see me asking for the restriction to be removed, yet I get no response, nothing, zip

How long is this utter nonsense going to go on for?
    justintendo likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Don't know...i just hit the "housekeeping" button to draw some attention to this
    millenium7 and justintendo like this.
  5. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    I think you should be good to go now

Husky John
  6. millenium7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    testing....
  7. millenium7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Yep seems to work now. Thank you!

You guys should really consider changing the implementation of it. As this has proven to be very frustrating and if I wasn't having such drastic issues with my bike originally I wouldn't have bothered continuing with the forum
    May I suggest changing it to your first ~5 posts then it automatically lifts. Surely its easier to moderate a few rogues and remove them than to approve every new users posts constantly
    Chris B likes this.
  8. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    I'm not running the show here, Dean is. When you complained, about not getting a reply from him, I figured he was missing in action again.
    I'm pretty much a one man band here, so don't piss too much, before you know what's going on here.
    juicypips and Chris B like this.
  9. millenium7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Don't look at it like me attacking you because i'm not, look at it like how much do you want new members? Because all i'm doing is giving you my feedback as a new member to this forum, and that is the post approval process is a pain in the ass and is a deterrent. Your forum you may do as you wish. I'd rather you know that that I have posted some useful information regarding iBeat connectivity which has helped clear up some misinformation for anyone who reads that thread. I could very easily have just given up waiting 2-3 days for each post in sequence to be approved over the course of a couple weeks to get it figured out. Then that information wouldn't be here. I intend to ask more questions about my bike and then follow up with resolutions which helps anyone with a similar issue. I'd already made up my mind that if the restriction wasn't lifted soon then i'd be long gone because its too much hassle and annoying to deal with
    How many more people have simply not bothered with this forum because its too much of a hassle to ask for help to their issues then post the results as help for others?
    Nobody knows, there could have been some incredibly useful information for the community here that hasn't been posted

Changing the new member system so it's only an initial few posts, serves the purpose of getting rid of automated troll posts, and it makes your life easier by not moderating everything so much
    This is my opinion 'as a new member'. It's not meant to cause offense but illustrate what its like from my perspective. That I was very close to just packing it in because the current system (now former for me but not many others i'm sure) was frustrating to deal with
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You mean that there is only ONE moderator on this forum? That's absurd! I am a moderator for two different forums, and we have about four of what is known as "global" moderators on the fishing forum, plus a moderator's forum to communicate amongst ourselves. I also moderate on a lower level (sub sections) on a motorcycle forum, along with 7 other moderators and administrators (although admittedly, it often seems that most of the moderators pay very little attention to their duties and what's going on in the forums).
  11. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Millenium7,
    No problem on my end, criticism, is not a always a bad thing. And I personal understand your point about frustration of new members.

I was upgraded from Moderator to an Administrator ,a bunch of month back, because of all the Spam problems here. Mostly use my
    new powers to route out the spammers & don't know all I can do yet. Though I know I could get myself in trouble fast, if I'm not careful.

Dirtdame,
    Most of the moderators have left, or have gotten too busy to bother

I'm guessing Dean is AWOL again, he was for months, resurface in March & I was helping him with all the spammers, talk to him a bunch.
    About a month ago, it seems he's off again.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sounds all too familiar.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I've offered to mod since I'm here all the time lol. No response though
    juicypips and justintendo like this.
  14. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    same here..... same story over and over.... it seems the people with authority to do something have lost interest in this site.... Probably leaving it to die to KTM talk i dont know but very frustrating that someone cant take it over or I guess someone needs to start HuskyCafe so we can get some moderation in a timely manner.... one guy doing this is lame when there are plenty than can and would help
    Big Timmy and justintendo like this.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All of this aside this is still by far the best source of information on husqvarna out there. Most of the posting is polite and informational as well.
    justintendo likes this.
  16. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    yup, ive offered to help but as im here every day for about an hour, some days more than that. i feel i conduct myself fairly well here or at least try to be helpful.
    juicypips likes this.
  17. Chris B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 250wr and a 1977 125cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Honda 400ex
    I wish you were. I have so many questions unanswered, i am in the middle of a build with not much resource. Sorry to complain but...
  18. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    So who do we have to sleep with to get a couple of additional moderators to assist with the load. I think this issue has been going of for some time now. I would also like to propose Dirt Dame as a moderator (sorry DD if you are not keen) as she is an active contributor and very active rider.
    I would also offer my own help if someone from down under is acceptable.
    Chris B likes this.
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I would gladly accept, but the problem is that Coffee is the only one who can get into the part of the account to add moderators, and fat chance that we will be seeing him again.
  20. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hey DD where has Coffee faded away too? Why has he handed in his musket? The site is excellent and needs to be maintained and in particular let newbies in so they can tap into the brilliant brains trust on tap here.