MIT AGI: Building machines that see, learn, and think like people (Josh Tenenbaum)

Discussion in 'Ray Ray's Corner' started by ray_ray, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This video clears up alot of noise or details on this AI subject. I did write test code for a decade or so, not that I'm anywhere near a kernel programmer or anything but I do have a clue. Todate, very little I have read or listened to from the ~main-stream media makes much sense to me on these learning machines.

The first 5 minutes should give even the ones of you with zero coding experience some insight on what much of the fluff that is spouted on this subject ~everywhere is about, maybe? Not sure if this is true or not, but read somewhere that china was gonna require all their students to take computer programming. Don't worry, if so, we old guys will not be around to see what that manifests, if it manifests; those without any real knowledge on the subject, will just be further and further in the dust.

Just a small clue. Pattern matching is at the heart of some branches of this technology. This would be 1 of 5 basic things a computer as we know them today can accomplish. I gotta add, I did read where there is some very complex math formulas here also making the results to little hard to understand on the surface. Math, complex or simple, is a basic function of a computer also.
    AI_revealed.png

The real juice .. At one point, he gives some history of this technology, just so that anyone with some mental capacity can understand this baby was not born yesterday and probably will not even be a teenager in any of our lifetimes or even our childrens' lifetime..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROelYvo8f0&list=LLrerV-kVUsfqABL_nL39sfg&index=9&t=0s
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Scott Aaronson: What is a Quantum Computer? | AI Podcast Clips

I'm gonna ride this somewhat enlightening quantum computing video off this very enlightening AI video... No I can not understand most of it and yes, it can be very confusing and so abstract on many points but from time to time, it does provide a clue on what\where quantum computing is at right-now and where it might be going in the next several decades, when it might become actually useful to mankind. I highly doubt I'll see any useful applications from this futurist device.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK9pzRevsHQ

We all are ignorant to some degree on various subjects but being ignorant on most any subject is not mandatory in most cases; going to the library and thumbing thru card files is not necessary today and with electricity available and the net, you have few excuses to remain ignorant other than to choose this path.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Michael I. Jordan: Machine Learning, Recommender Systems, and the Future of AI | AI Podcast #74

Here is another article that within the first 10-20 minutes outlines the actual progress made on understanding how the brain functions. Short story is, humans will not understand exactly how the brain works anytime soon, as in maybe not till the end of this century or later ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYIKy_FM9x0&list=LLrerV-kVUsfqABL_nL39sfg&index=27&t=0