Missing thrust washer, should it be there?

Discussion in '610/630' started by MATPOC, Nov 6, 2017.

1. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    Motor has been apart prior to me getting the bike, work done by these guys http://www.motocorseperformance.com/
    they attempted to repair bike being stuck in 2nd gear. I don't know what they did to repair it (supposedly replaced shift fork) but it happened again when I was in Newfoundland, was able to force it to shift, but now I have it apart again looking for the problem.
    First of all, work they did was complete rip-off, they reused gaskets, tab locking washers, misaligned gears on balance shaft and broke clutch basket, inside part of stator case ("starter support") and timing chain guide because they forced everything together, I discovered it all on my first repair before the trip, but I had not experienced shifting issues so I did not split the case, only replaced $1000+ worth of parts they damaged. (link below)

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new-guy-with-te610-questions.86895/

Now that shifting issue came back (and went away) I am looking at everything and anything, replacing every bearing, bushing and washer, this is when I noticed that #11 (top right corner) is missing from the motor.
    Apparently NLA (No Longer Available) so they sent me new part that supersedes it, it fits on the shaft, but not sure if that is correct part because I never had the original in there to compare thickness and diameter

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 9.00.45 PM.png

https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Corse-Performance-158177484213657/
  2. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Yeah, that should probably be in there.
    MATPOC likes this.
  3. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    Finally got around to assembly process, like manual instructed building up from left side case, just to make sure ran it through the gears with half case removed and the problem becomes clear: 2nd gear can't engage fully if the shaft moves to the right, this is the problem that I experienced when I was stuck in Labrador, not sure what previous problem it had, missing thrust washer (#11) is what keeps the shaft aligned to the left!!!

Other problem I spotted and luckily was able to identify is that balance shaft needs to have a free-floating roller bearing on the left (NU204 left of picture) but they sent me a pair of ball bearings (6204 right of picture ) using them on both sides would put a stress on the cases and likely would cause bearing failure or worse...

20171114_114055.jpg
    DYNOBOB and Rotax_655 like this.
  4. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    Talked to Raymond at Hall's, apparently the original bearing has been unavailable for a while, also not cheap, so they cross-referenced it based on dimensions, I probably would have done the same if I have not seen the original one. Anyway, getting credit for the bearing, which is cool.

What's not so cool is that I dropped the crank on the floor, right on it's end, 2' drop, soft plywood, so hoping for the best, but to be sure brought it to get checked and repaired if needed...

Also while the head is off and I'm in no rush gonna have a "valve job" done, some cleaning on the ports... This baby is gonna rip when I'm done with it!
    Rotax_655 likes this.
  5. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    meanwhile more horrifications done by the meatheads in FL (Moto Corse performance in Fort Lauderdale) I have a strong desire to go kick someone in the balls!

Crank tab washer, reused, stripped, luckily did not come loose

20171111_121552.jpg 20171111_121523.jpg
    Rotax_655 likes this.
  6. MATPOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    too many
    Vaprblasted the cases, didn't really go for fine finish since it's not a show bike, two halves show before and after. Head came out nicer because I spent more time on it

20171111_144036.jpg

everything cleaned, bearings in the freezer, ready to assemble...

20171111_153706_HDR.jpg
    R_Little, DYNOBOB, mekanik and 2 others like this.