Missing Rear Subframe bolt

Discussion in '610/630' started by justintyme, Nov 5, 2015.

1. justintyme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Superglide
  2. justintyme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Superglide
    Got the answer over on ADV rider, thanks to all who looked!
  3. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The new bolt will eject itself as well if you rely only on the blind nut. Ditch it for a longer bolt and put a locknut on the back side of it, effectively double-nutting it. Blue loctite is your friend.
  4. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Those lower sub-frame bolts are particularly susceptible to loosening and falling out. It's happened to me twice. When I got home from my last long ride (around 3000 miles) I found the lower left completely missing. I was carrying a full load of gear, saddle bags, duffel, etc., and never noticed. Kind of amazing really. I believe that I had replaced that bolt on the trail without benefit if Loctite, but I'm not 100 percent sure if it was the left or right. Regardless, keep them tight and use Loctite!
  5. justintyme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Superglide
    Thanks for the advice guys, I ended up finding one in my spare bolts bin that was slightly short, till I took off the passenger peg, which I will never use on this bike anyway. And with that off I have enough sticking thru to double nut it on top of the blue loctite. I will probably do the other side the same soon.