1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Minor Issues (smr 450)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mehusieni, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Hello, my fellow Husqvarna owners.
    I have a couple minor issues with my 2005 SMR 450.

1) Misfire upon acceleration

The bike randomly misfires (once) when accelerating (usually when slowly twisting throttle but sometimes on hard acceleration).
    I'm pretty sure it's on 1/4-mid-rpm so needle or needle jet too rich?

Valves are in spec although on the tighter end of the spectrum. Maybe thermodynamics have something to do with it..

I don't think it's the cam-timing because the bike runs like a dream most of the time but i'll check during the winter. And does anybody know how to check if they are? I know the cam-sprocket with 2 dots on it have to line up with the mark on the cylinder but what about the bottom end? Are the lineup marks behind the stator cover?

2) Leaking gas from the overflow

The bike also starts leaking gas from the carburetor overflow hose if I leave it parked and the gastap is "on". If tap is off or engine is running, it doesn't leak. I bought a new gastap but didn't change the seal. It fixed the issue until now.

Problem might be float too high?
    If so what is the correct float height? Manual said nothing and forums I read said it's either 13mm or 8mm :excuseme:

Off-topic: Had a nice crash few days ago. Was crossing a wooden bridge and rear wheel lost traction, then gained it back. But then front wheel lost traction. Handlebar bent and some scrapes to my brembo front master cylinder. The 10€ homemade stuntpegs held strong and saved all painted parts and more :D. My front tyre, which is a tracktyre from 2008, didn't help much on wet asphalt. Name of the game I suppose.

Ps. If your tyres look like they need to be changed, change them.