1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Midwest engineering clutch lever on 05 te510 reviews/opinions?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by One-speed, Mar 7, 2017.

1. One-speed Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gsxr1000 k4
    Hi all,
    I find the clutch on my te510 quite stiff (magura master) due to various crashes that have left my grip/wrists quite weak, noticed it this weekend when I had a shot on my buddy's crf450x that has a really light clutch and it made such a difference. Other than a clake that seems mega expensive midwest engineering seem the only other option. There seems to be various good and bad reviews on them but most seem to be for ktm's with the brembo m/cs, any views by someone with them on a 510? Any other options?
    Thanks
  2. kwb377 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '06 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Versys 1K; 'Berg FE390; KTM 200 XC-W
    I found a used one and installed it on my '05 510 a few weeks ago. Took some trial and error to get the adjuster screws dialed in, but it works great...much less effort.
  3. One-speed Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gsxr1000 k4
    Thanks, heard they can be a pain to set up, does it bite/engage right next to the bar? Reviews seem to say that it had to be set that way, not sure I could get used to that! Any information is appreciated as looking to pull the trigger on this
  4. kwb377 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '06 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Versys 1K; 'Berg FE390; KTM 200 XC-W
    It does engage pretty close to the bar. Also, make sure to use Loctite on the adjuster screws...I forgot and had the lever stop adjuster back out during a ride and cause clutch slippage.
  5. One-speed Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gsxr1000 k4
    Ok thanks for taking the time to reply, going to give one a try,
    Thanks
    kwb377 likes this.
  6. Vint_TE510 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE510
    This is an old thread, but as I bought one for my bike recently figured I'd chime in.
    This is an awesome upgrade and one of the best I've done, now it is a 1 finger clutch, perfect for good control.

They have also started making them again as another new bike is using the same lever!