Meet Eli Tomac

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Pictures first!
    [IMG]

--

Son of mountain bike legend John Tomac, Eli became the first racer to win the first pro race he entered, the 2010 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross season opener at Hangtown. With a Supercross title now under his belt, the multi-time amateur national champion is one of the fastest riders in the sport right now.

Hometown: Cortez, Colorado, USA
    Twitter: @elitomac
    Team: GEICO Honda
    Sponsors: GEICO, Honda, Alias, DVS, Oakley, Alpinestars, AMSOIL, Muscle Milk

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
    2013 - AMA 250 National Motocross Champion

2012 - Tomac's progression continued, as he captured his first Supercross championship by dominating the 250SX West Region. The GEICO Honda rider won 5 out of 9 races and only once finished outside the top four. During the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross season, Tomac brought home 4 overall wins, including 1-1 sweeps at Freestone and Steel City, and finished 3rd in points behind Blake Baggett and GEICO Honda teammate Justin Barcia.

2011 - In his rookie Supercross season, Tomac won 2 races, finished on the podium 6 times, and fell just 6 points shy of the West Region title. The sledding was tougher in the 250MX Class, which was dominated by the Pro Circuit trio of Wilson, Rattray and Baggett. Tomac was unable to capture a moto win, but did finish 2nd in 3 of the season's final 7 motos. He finished 4th overall in points, an improvement from his 6th-place finish the previous year.

2010 – Tomac became the first rider in history to win his professional debut, taking the checkered flag at Hangtown as a a member of the GEICO Honda team. Throughout the year, he earned ten top-10 finishes in 12 starts in 250MX.

--

[IMG]

--
    Eli Tomac (GEICO Honda) is only in his second race back since returning from injury and missing the first four races, but he nailed down a 4-2 second overall, and he's already jumped into 12th in the series points.
    [IMG]

--

Currently, KR94, is sitting in the drivers seat as far as the MX championship is going ... He's dropping everyone once in front of the pack with a few really quicker than average laps and then he backs off and maintains... That's a proven championship winning formula..

Eli whipped KR94 in 250s series last yr ... He just has not hit the same stride in his 450 racing just yet. The rest of this yr of racing is gonna be interesting if you consider KR94 is gonna go into 'championship winning mode' and not so much a 'winning races mode' somewhere down the line... Same thing RV2 has done during the last several yrs of his racing.

Eli is not really in the championship race after his injury return. He can race to win the rest of this year .. Your table is set now for MX racing :)
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Budds Creek - RD 7,

[IMG]
  3. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Eli has the genetics of a Champion. His Dad was the man to beat back in the day.

I once saw the elder Tomac race at the Bud Light La Jolla GP in San Diego (a Criterium road race) - he was on a borrowed Colnago.

Anyway, the Mt Bike racing Tomac kicked the crap out of most of the pro cyclists and finished 11th on the day......did I mention he was on a borrowed bike????

tomac231.jpg
    robertaccio and bigjon like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was hoping for big things for Tomac at the beginning of the year and thought he might be one of the guys to beat. Unfortunately he got off to a real rough start. But he is back and rolling. Good to see his very impressive results.
  5. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Same here Kelly. Things just went wrong for him right off the start. Hope he stay's healthy and is there to battle Supercross next year.
    Motosportz likes this.
  6. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ray_ray likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I got arm pump and passed out just watching the vid.
  9. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I don' t think they allow shirts in this gym.
    robertaccio and shawbagga like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I laughed at all the comments under the viddy ......... "you'll never get muscle mass doing those work outs...." Jersey Shore work out"..... The intertube is so ridiculous, but shows just how dumb MOST people are.....

PS FYI all those wierd exercises that Ryno has on his agenda are based on research from the CHEK Institutes programs, they are muscle strength, muscle memory and most of all total body movements to key in the nervous system for auto balance reflexes and rapid muscle movements in response to both physical and mental controls (hand- eye, inner ear-muscles, safe auro reflex recovery from bad things happening every millisecond when racing.

I know many of you know this but I wanted to clear it up. This aint a body builder mr universe workout its a 100% targeted MX top tier work out.
  11. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Always trying to work the core. Torso has to be in shape for sure.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ^yep thighs-hips-core is where power/strength come from. 'beach weights'(think arm curls in front of a mirror) are just wank really! you can have big biceps/shoulders etc but still be very weak through ya core & really struggle with things like riding a bike
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Who was the other guy?

Tomac did well today...;)
    Xcuvator likes this.
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Best outdoor racing I've seen this year for sure.
    ET sure snapped out of the injury and seems to still intimidate a certain person. :cheers:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Was epic and what I was hoping at the beginning of the year. :cheers:
    TemecuCoastie and LandofMotards like this.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    When. Roczen officially leaves KTM Husky can afford Tomac. Just saying. :)
  18. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yup, but for right now, I'm reduced to legs and core stuff. Will be in a cast for a bit longer.

Modified INSANITY workouts and a lot of riding the bike on a trainer in the garage.
  19. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ditto! Watching Tomac rip it was totaly epic!
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have not had time to watch his last 1-1 finish :(