1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Malcolm Smiths Bike Stories

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Crashaholic, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I thought some of you MS fans may find this as much fun to watch as I did. Malcolm talks about several different euro bikes he owned and raced, BSA, Matchless, Greeves, Triumph, and some bike called a Hooskavarna. He is now about 77, I guess that means I'm getting up there in the years, damn.

Enjoy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYpnfKmz9Rk
  2. Steve-F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna 360 CR GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965 Norton G15CS 750
    My wife and I were there for his 50th anniversary event in Riverside,. Excellent museum he has there on the second floor. Malcolm sat there on his stool and narrated the whole thing , then signed copies of his book that he put together. His son Alex and Malcolm's wife were there as well My wife met him over 40 years ago when he had his shop on Laguna Caynon Rd.great guy! My bike came from his shop,(1975 360 CR GP) new, 43 years ago,original condition, one owner! :<)
    overload likes this.
  3. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I too purchased a new 75 360 although it was from a different shop that I can't recall. I remember it was a great handling bike. I beat mine up pretty bad racing desert and got rid of it when I purchased my next Husky.

Do you ride your 360 much?
  4. Steve-F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna 360 CR GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965 Norton G15CS 750
    Wow, small world Crashaholic;) The Gent I bought it from was the 1 owner, I have had it since Nov.2017. During that time and now, I have rebuilt the carb, forks seals/oil, air filter,gear box oil and various rubber bits, but it still has the original, undamaged,tank and seat,fenders, handle bars and controls, except the grips rubbers,he changed those to anther brand. He said it had never been opened up case wise, Still has the Malcolm Smith sticker on the rear fender:) I have only had it running and looking very forward to riding it!! :banana:
  5. Richard Colahan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    71 250 Cross, 74 125WR, 75 250WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vintage British bikes, 1969 Penton
    Thank you for posting this...Malcolm is one of our sport's living legends...
    motorick and Steve-F like this.
  6. PEZBerq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    390AMX, 430XC, 240WR, 2x510TE, FE501
    Great video. I was lucky enough to visit Malcolm’s shop in Riverside in 2012.

DF0676C2-BDA0-4488-A2E7-AABD3B2717BC.jpeg 02036C6E-3E7F-4048-8A21-D8FEF86B096A.jpeg BCF2E7BA-7EE9-4E88-B079-A4414ECD8DB3.jpeg
    Crashaholic, ajcmbrown and Steve-F like this.
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    husky heaven:cool:
  8. Steve-F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna 360 CR GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965 Norton G15CS 750
    A shot of my Bride of 37 years at the 50th year event getting a book signing from none other than Malcolm Smith himself:<)

Attached Files:

9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That was a great collection of videos! Bought my 449 there and reignited my off road riding passion. I always loved my uncle's Huskies back in the 80's. The highlight of my teenage riding was finally being able to start his 87 430XC with my left leg and take it out for a ride. Pretty sure I've never gone faster in the dirt all my life. I was proud to come full circle and buy my own from none other than Malcolm.
    Steve-F likes this.