1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Malcolm Smith celebrate 50 years

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by ruwfo, Aug 24, 2017.

1. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
  2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Heres a pic from that article showing a few of Malcolms bikes. In the center is a 500 Matchless, imagine little Malcolm on that monster.

I also see a scooter to the left, probably the Lambretta scooter that got him interested in the adrenaline associated with riding.

Malcolm Smith Museum.png
    wrx and Husky cr like this.
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    lambretta got him the adrenaline to exit the girlfriends place when dad came home!
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    By looking at Malcolm Smith you would never know by putting him on a dirtbike he became a monster. As big as the hulk faster than a speeding bullet.
  5. Steve F Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none....yet:)
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965 Norton 750
    First time poster here,Just got approved :) My wife and I were there for the event and were on one of 2 tours personally give by Malcom. It's great museum and has a constant running film on the wall of Malcom narrating all the bikes and the history of his favorites. My wife got a signed book he wrote and he autographed for her. HUGE smile on her face:):) She met him once before at his Laguna Beach shop decades ago. Well worth the visit if you can get there! He has Parkinson's unfortunately and a really bad back:(
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    its funny how some of the most unassuming people are jets on two wheels. we ran a multi lap xcountry on a blokes farm years ago and this skinny bloke shows up (i kid u not) with an ag 125 yammie, jeans, flannel shirt and gum boots:lol:.."Can i ride??"he said.."sure, here is the form, give us $50 and your away"..well, that aggy bike was vying for the lead in about two laps!! guy went on to be a great rider...had never thought about entering a race, saw the sign out on the road and decided to give it a go and said later "I thought i was slow"...amazing.
    Trenchcoat85, NCSteve and Steve F like this.
  7. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I have a T shirt from the 1973 ISDT that was held in the Berkshires I got of of school for one day and got to see the Husqvarna mounted Vase team in action. My father got to meet both Malcolm and Rolf Tibblin and got both to autograph an ISDT Team Husqvarna T shirt for me. Never worn because the autographs would have washed out if laundered.
    rancher1 likes this.