1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Magura clutch being weird

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mehusieni, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Hi.

Replaced my leaky magura 163 jack clutch master cylinder with a magura 167 master. Bled the system by pushing oil to the slave with a syringe. The clutch works perfectly now. No more leaking or losing pressure. (Bike: Husqvarna SMR 450)

One thing I noticed was that when I have the master cylinder cover opened, if I pull the clutch little bit, oil squirts all over the place from the valve inside the MC. No air bubbles seem to come out and the clutch doesn't feel like it has air inside. The clutch also has lots of freeplay before engaging. Is this normal?
  2. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Also when I bled the system, the lever was in the furthest position from the handlebar. Now when I adjust it to the position I want, there's too much freeplay.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If oil is squirting out then you have a leak in the system, no?

Bad slave cylinder?
  4. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    I thought about this also but if the slave would be leaking then shouldn't the clutch oil be mixed with engine oil and turn black? or oil level in the m/c decrease?

Rode it today and the fluid was still red and fluid level normal.

Edit: I might replace the slave o-rings during the winter just to be sure.
  5. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    It's supposed to do that . Every hydraulic brake or clutch has to do that . That's the self adjusting nature part of it working . Pull it slowly and it doesn't fly out . Some high end stuff even has a stainless clip over the hole to deflect the spurt so you don't end up with it all over your paint
  6. Mehusieni Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMR 510 (2008)
    Thanks for confirming. Opened the cover today and pumped the clutch. A few bubbles came out and clutch has less freeplay now. Found it odd because my 163 magura didn't do that but maby it was because the master was leaking.

Thanks again.