1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Magneto voltage

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Husq.fleet, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone know what the output voltage of a Motoplat magneto is? I'm trying to design a battery charged ignition overide to aid in starting. Not having to kick it so fast to generate voltage to charge coil. Once started switch it back to the mag. It would then need very low rpm-just enough to build compression to start, might be nice at times!
  2. sooper_arthur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    many, but not enough!
    excellent idea!!! my hercules could use that too. unfortunately i dont have an answer for you. good luck.
  3. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Keep us informed on your progress with the battery charged coil.
    Check out E-batt.com for the ultimate lightweight battery.
  4. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will keep updates. I looked at the E-Batt. before and that is what I'm looking at for a power source. I looked at a total-loss system but I thought this system would be better. I wasn't very nice to my body when I was younger, BMX,MX,football, bucking horses, logging then diesel/heavy equip. mechanic, so now at 42 my knees and back are shot. Less kicking the big bores the better! Just about have my 82 CR250 running so I will check the Mag. voltage on it and go from there. Got ahold of a good friend and bike guy who is a electrical/software engineer this weekend and he is very interested in helping.