(Mag)50B (Int) up to A (Exp)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Apr 19, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Cafe crew, Ive have not been off the podium since turning 50 in July 2011. Some races were class strict like Mag Hwt Int, but others were step downs with younger Bs and even age open class like 40+B and 45+ open... I am getting local peer pressure to step up and join the AMA 50A Exp class, from friends that race in the Exp class. I hate sandbaggers ( I have been bumped down spots in the B class by A guys that jump series and rode B, and smoked us)
    The only 50A guys I know (3) 2 were MX/Offroad Pros and the one that frequents here in the Cafe has AMA Nat class #1. The best I ever did was 7th Nat B AMA H&H series.
    Y'all chime in.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh yea all the 40A guys I know are Nat H&H/Enduro experts, former ISDE riders and at least 2 former MX/SX and WORCS pros. Those guys will all be 50A in the next few years, those guys will all kick my butt and leave me non-competitive.

Oh yea 2012 $$$cash money$$$ is talking as well, I got a $50 gift cert from the Mex HS race 50+ open win(got me 3 containers of MotoRex 10w60) and Just received 150 Husky bucks for the D37 Anza enduro 50 B class win. Money talks.........
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  3. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Go where the money is!
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Normally, I would call you a SB, but coinage speaks louder than me. Stay B!
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    What ever is happening is happening ... Ride the $ wagon and only nod and grin at anyone who is not handing you a check :)
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i wouldnt call it sandbagging if you kick ass in the level your in but wouldnt be competitive in the next step up. i say stay where ya are and have fun or if nothing else can you sign up for a race or two in a different class? try that out if you do good go for it if not stay in the class your in now.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks all, I did a "soul" search last night and decided to stay B Int for 2012 (I am all ready classified with a win in the West Chec series B class). I want to do the West Chec 2 day qualifier and dont want lose my score from the Anza round.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Same stuff goes on here with guys winning a class always and maybe should move up or a guy that is really fast, but old, wants to move down to his real age class and dominate ...

It'll all work out and no one is getting hurt, right? One day, and who knows when, these options will not be available to you so best to just enjoy it for what it is :)....
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Enjoy the podiums for now but I would want to move up to a bigger challenge eventually. But don't listen to me, I am not even racing now because I know one more big injury and my wife loses her sense of humor.