1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Mag 250 Correct clutch cable

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Oldrider57, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Oldrider57 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 Husky CR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico 501 and AW 400 BMW R100RS
    Hello out there in Husky land
    Long time lurker, who's looking at finishing up a correct restoration of a 74' Mag 250.
    I'm having some trouble finding a correct length clutch cable for the bike. I'm not able to have enough free length to where the lever has free play. I did just find out my center clutch hub adjustment was incorrectly set up, but not sure how far back into tearing the clutch apart I might need to go.
    Does anyone know what the cable "free-lenght" should be for this bike? I know it has to be more than 5 1/2 inches, but not sure if 8 is correct.
    Also, if the motor has been converted to a 6-speed, do you still use the same center clutch push rods? Hard to decipher what this should look like from the on-line parts diagrams.
    Sorry for all the different directions for questions...
    Pat
  2. Oldrider57 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 Husky CR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico 501 and AW 400 BMW R100RS
    Hello, was able to sort our the clutch push rods. And finally found a NOS correct length for the clutch cable.. This one-year only cable has a free length of 7 and 7/8 inches.... Hope this might help someone else...