1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Lowering a TE449

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by katfish52, Jun 4, 2011.

1. katfish52 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thinking about a new TE449. Seat is to high, anybody lower theres yet?
  2. little_twin Husqvarna
    A Class

I found that mine settled about 1/2" from new. Not sure if that is enough for you.
  3. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Haven't tried lowing a TE449 yet, but with the G450X it wasn't a good result for the handling. Has alot to do with how the swing arm points at normal ride height, the more parallel to the horizon the less benefit the CTS provides and the more quirky the handling gets.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have over 1300 miles on my TE511 now and it has settled in nice and does not sit to high. If you want it lower i would have a suspension guy do it at the shock and forks not the linkage.
  5. VicsterUK Husqvarna

Better buy a 2012 ! They have shortened the shock by 4mm. So presumably will ride lower. Also improved the electrics (made the loom simpler), strengthened the frame, changed the suspension settings in the forks, and painted the frame a delicate shade of awful black. Also gone with silver rims. (And Bold New Graphics of course!). I am bloody pissed-off that they have made so many changes for the 2nd model year. Maybe I shoulda waited! On the other hand, I think my 2011 looks nicer. Oh, and they have made the rear fender a one-piece unit as well. Hey- Ho Built-in obsolescence is a wonderful thing.
  6. ktmhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got a TE 250 and had it Lowered 1 1/2 inch and love it.
  7. javadog Husqvarna
    A Class

My 2011 TE 449 looks way better than the 2012.Iff i was going to buy a bike soon i would probably give the new model a miss because of the looks.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Changed the title from "Lowering a TE499" to "Lowering a TE449", at least I assume that was a typo.

Awesome input, thanks! :)
  9. Beno Husqvarna
    B Class

I couldnt agree more! - So much so I have reserved one of the last new 2011 511's available in my area just yesterday!
  10. katfish52 Husqvarna
    B Class

Yea,Thanks
  11. silvy1200 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Any new information on this? I reach the floor on my tippy toes while at the light. Thinking of changing the seat to a lower and more comfortable one. Then see how that improves. What about after that if I am still a ballerina? I know it's a lot more than simply lowering the forks and adding risers to the bars, what goes on in the rear suspension? Thanks.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

PM "Tinken" on this site. He has something you want. I can't say more right now.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We can lower your 449, the 2011 sits higher anyway, so lowering will improve its ride.
  14. silvy1200 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Great! Definitely looking to replacing that rock of the seat anyway. Just having trouble finding both comfort and low.
  15. tshea529 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Zip Ty lowered my bike and it works awesome. Confidence level goes way up when your feet can touch the ground. Purchased a Seat Concepts seat and shaved it a little, definitely helps with the Monkey Butt you get from the piece of stone the stock seat is made from.

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/Husqvarna-TE-TXC-449-511/p/7268076/category=1671357
    silvy1200 and Tinken like this.
  16. NMTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    N/A
    Can someone point me in the right direction for suspension lowering? So linkage lowering is no good? Albuquerque NM
  17. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We can lower your suspension up to 1.5 inches.
    http://www.ziptyracing.com/services/
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  18. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    I had my 2013 TE449 lowered and suspension redone for my weight about 1.5 years ago at Zip Ty. My seat is also shaved slightly (Seat Concepts).

Due to family tragedies I had not been able to ride until last weekend. I have a 28" inseam and I can flat foot one side or balls of foot both feet very comfortably.

I have to say there is something terribly wrong with this bike. I threw it into turns, gave it the gas and the back end will not slide out. My buddy took me on "easy" trails that turned into nasty rutted rock filled hill climbs. That dumb bike (in spite of me) went exactly where I pointed it just like I was on a sidewalk.

Can't say enough good things about what they did to my suspension.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  19. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Had the suspension on my 250xc lowered 3/4 of an inch and added a1/2 inch lower seat. It was a great decision!