1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Low profile rear tire

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by RB7, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Put a much taller rear tire (4.50-18) and my bike sits about an inch higher. Gearing seems taller too. Does anybody know of a good rear knobbly with a low profile like the original Michelin Competition WEC tire had? The new tire made an already too-tall bike even taller. Can anyone suggest a DOT knobby that would suit my needs and not break the bank. Bike is ridden 99% dirt/desert/forest. Some of the pictures of Kenda's TrackMaster II make it appear to have a pretty low sidewall height, but without them right in front of me it's hard to tell. It seems like you don't really know until you have them mounted and inflated. Not looking for a trials tire. TE310R
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    you need to sight them at a shop. Tyres are not all measured the same way. Some manufacturers measure height to with ratio ie 110:80 across the actual width of the tyre including tread/knobs. Others measure across the carcas(exclusive of the knob).
    I prefer a taller tyre as it lessens the chance of a pinch flat and also spreads a little wider for better traction. I use the Michelin Starcross 5 medium at the moment at 15 PSI-bloody great tyre with excellent traction and wear.
    If you go lower profile, make sure you get a tyre with a hard side wall (Dunlop 908's fit the bill)
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I found the same issue.

My Sedona MX-907hp in 110-100 -18 is pretty low. I run 6# with Tubliss.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    110-100 is saying the height is 100% the size of the width. A 110_80 should be lower profile
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah, but everyone measures and sizes their tires differently.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    if you look at tires on Dennis Kirk site they have detailed specs for most of them. I've found the info to be pretty accurate.
    I seem to remember the Mich XC series were smaller in general and had some */80-18 models. Not sure how available those are these days.
    The 3 different Maxxis tires I've had were all true to size. :cheers: