Low Fuel Level warning light Probs

Discussion in '610/630' started by salty_monk, Aug 29, 2021.

1. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
    I have a safari tank fitted (not sure if that makes a difference).

When I ran out of gas yesterday.. (incidentally it was right around 300 miles of mostly freeway with the safari tank although I could still see about half a gallon in the left wing of the tank) the warning light stayed off. I know the light works as it comes on when the gauge sets up.

Is it normal with the safari tanks (i.e. is the sensor deleted when you fit one) or is there a sensor on the fuel pump that might have gone bad?

I'm going to be in there anyway as I'm going to do the elbow upgrade & run some dry release couplings in the fuel pipes so figured I'd sort that out & put a new O ring in whilst I'm in there... Any help appreciated :)
  2. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
  3. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure on the 610. For my 630 with Safari, I needed to bend I believe the arm that holds the pump. Other than that the gauge and light works as normal. Good luck and that thread you linked should point you in the right direction.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    My 630 fuel light also works normally with Safari, nothing is deleated. I know the 610 pump assembly comes in from the bottom vs. front of tank but wouldn't think that makes a difference.

Good luck!

5. love Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 610 2006 and 2018 701 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 690 enduro
    im confused as i have a 610 with my right petcock gone bad twice now...........if the left side also has a petcock isnt thier a way to get rid of right petcock with the fuel light wires and just get a universal pet cock for right side. yet still have a reserve fuel knob . (when i run out of gas i turn knob and i get 15 miles emergency fuel? . i ask this cause the right petcock is not available anymore. only aftermarket universal petcock with no fuel light wires
  6. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
    Yours is a carb model, we're talking about fuel injection :)
  7. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
    Can anyone tell me which fuel line goes where? Does the one from the left of the throttle body go to red or white? It seems like the one on the right side of the throttle body goes to a pressure regulator mounted to the throttle body but where does the other end attached? Red or White fuel disconnect?