1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Low Fender Kit?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Calkins, May 25, 2017.

1. Calkins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 Husqvarna 450 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Triumph Bonneville 750
    I know this is a long shot, but...

What are the possibilities of a low front fender kit? I was thinking something like a Yamaha DT1 style setup. Maybe with an aluminum fender. Mounting it to the fork legs is what I am not totally sure about. I do not have forks yet, so I could probably source a set from a different bike. But, I would rather stick with mid '70's era Husky parts.

[IMG]
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
  3. Calkins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 Husqvarna 450 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Triumph Bonneville 750
    '72 WR 450

It will be an enduro/gravel road bike.
  4. Chayzed Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC450,1978 390CR,1983 430 Wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    A gaggle of them
    DeathFromAbove and Calkins like this.
  5. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

For mounting the fender to the forks, I've used an aluminum fork brace. You can use pretty much any old fork brace and bend it to your needs, or add spacers to make it fit. If you don't have forks yet, your options are wide open. I've used fork braces on two of my Trials bikes, that I couldn't find original equipment for. Works great.
  6. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Mid 70's Husky forks (35mm) didn't have a place to bolt on items such as a fork or fender brace. In the early 70's 35mm Ceriani forks were commonly used. They have fender/fork brace mounts and will slide right into mid 70 Husky triple clamps. Speed and Sport has fender braces for Ceriani forks.

Ceriani forks were on the famous McQueen Husky pictured on the front of a 71 Sports Illustrated.
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    bikes used to have low front mudguard's...then mud would jam the front wheel causing a series of unfortunate events to occur...then they put high front guards on and problem solved....don't tell me..."your not going to ride in mud":lol: good luck with that.....

im not trying to be a smart arse and I know your looking for a "look" but if your going to ride it you should consider the limitations of a low front fender is all im saying..i see punters turn up to rides on those dt1's (very nicely restored back to original) and come to grief very quickly...
    Big Timmy likes this.