Looking for info - TE610 Renazco seat

Discussion in '610/630' started by Yossarian, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Question for anyone on a TE610 who has a Renazco seat:

I'm looking for a relationship of seat height; when IN USE (you on the bike) do you sit lower, higher, or the same with the Renazco? Also, is your Renazco built lower, higher, or standard height?

I'm in the queue for a seat and I want to get my parameters correct. Just curious about how the Renazco "squishes" when compared to the stock seat.

Thanks,

Y
  2. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I had mine built with 1" rise, but they will do whatever you want I suspect as long as the base supports it. My buddy (bass_on_tap) had 1.5" added to his and I rode it on my bike. It was great. He's 6'4" I think and I'm 6'2", so I went a skosh less. The rise is more in the middle of the seat (normal planted spot) and tapered front to back. Between my Fastway pegs in lowboy position, my ProTaper KX-Hi Contour bars, and my Renazco I'm setting pretty comfortable. Bottom line is tell them what you want compared to stock and you will get it.

The "squish" can also be customized I think, depending on what kinds of foam they build up. Mine is way more dense than stock, yet it feels softer because it doesn't bottom out, so it's really firmer. By the way I got a "Plus 1 Rallye".

email Chris (Creeper) at Renazco and he'll answer all your questions. He'll take all your info and give good advice.
  3. Baritone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several
    If they haven't already done so...they'll ask you how you ride, what type of riding you do and what you don't like about the stock board. Also, they'll ask you your riding weight which gives them a clue about foam density. But...they'll do what you ask...softer, higher,etc, etc.

On mine, the saddle height is the same but it's just a bit wider toward the rear which is great for street riding. It's still plenty narrow in front so standing and moving around on it for off road is great.

The only problem is that I'm considering a 510 and I don't think the seat will fit the new frame.:banghead:
  4. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just further info - I have conversed with Chris and he's being extremly helpful and responsive.

I'm 6'0", with riding weight around 185-190 and a riding (with boot) inseam of around 34.5".

Right now I'm thinking a +0.5" Rallye would be the best fit, but I'm trying to ascertain the experiences of others to help me determine if I ought to consider a higher or lower seat height.

Thanks!

Y
  5. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

The used TE610 I purchased had a Renazco on it. The seat is about 1.5" taller over stock and with my 6.0' 180lb, 34" inseam frame it's a tad tall and a little wide.I'm planning on contacting them about some changes to the width, material (vinyl is slippery) and height. That being said, it is wonderful on trail and duel sport rides, only starts to bug my butt after 200+mi in the saddle.

I sat on a stock 2008 TE610 and the seat felt like a 2x6 set sideways on the frame! OUCH! Having broken my tailbone a few years ago I'm all about having a comfortable saddle.
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a '05-'07 style Renazco seat from a 510. Its the high end model. 60/40. Suede. Like new.

Will trade for a 610 Renazco seat. :)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am in line to have Creeper do my 610 seat. My ass is pretty happy about that. :cheers:
  8. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mind if I ask your riding dimensions and the seat height chosen?
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mike

Do you still have the 510 Renazco seat available?
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its the 40/60 suede model. Great seat. :thumbsup:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

Only because this possible transaction will be of no interest to anyone in the future trying to learn about Renazco seats, maybe use PMs or phone call?