Looking For Extended Knowledge On Electrics Te 610, 2001 Kick Model.

Discussion in '610/630' started by The Old Husky, Jan 9, 2021.

1. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    2001 kickstarter version. I can't find any electric diagrams on this one. i need to know if the electric system is ac or dc. I try to mount an LED running indicator light (Audi style indicators) but they act weird like running on ac. When in make the connections on my workbench powered by a 12 volt battery, everything work fine. Also, all indicators have a disco effect, no matter in which direction the switch is. They all flash very weird. They do not "run". So it look like that on the bike, ac is entering the setup.

The led lights run by themselves when connected directly to a 12 volt battery.
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    you need an LED flasher unit (led indicator relay)
  3. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    Was present, does not work. No matter how i connected it. By the way, this running lights (Audi indicators) dont need that, they run led by led until fully lit and then turn off for the next cycle. They do this as soon as you connect them to a 12 volt battery, there is no need for a relay. The electronics for this is inside each indicator. Have that said, an on/off switch will do with this running lights.

They dont run of blink fast. (they have to run) This is common with non-running led indicator lights at some motorcycles. This ones need a resistor or a special led relay.

The "blinking" seems random and fast at all 4 indicator lights at the same time. No matter if i turn left or right.

This is why i start to think that the electric system of this motorcycle run on AC. I always thought motorcycles run on DC. But then again, if there is no battery, because its a kick starter, there is no need for an rectifier when using traditional light bulbs.

But is that the right thinking, does it run on AC?
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Test it with a multi meter at the connector then you will know 100% for certain