1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Looking for 2010-2011 TE/TXC 250 engine

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by xlite250, May 11, 2018.

1. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Hey fellow husky followers, as the title says, I managed to completely mangle my 2010 TE250, and so I’m looking for a used engine in running condition to put into my bike. I just recently bought the bike at the end of last summer and currently in too deep to just part it out, so I would like to try and see what’s out there, so far eBay, and Kijiji isn’t turning up much, and considering I’m also in Canada options are limited. If anyone has leads or tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw, my bike had about 4000km on it, with TXC injector and ECU and just finished a 3 hour woods ride and was on my way home (90km/hr with 13/52 gearing) when it just stopped running, so I tried re-starting it, kicked over but was harder, got it to run for 3 seconds then came a to a screeching halt. I’m guessing the rings were shot and it ate up the oil and seized the con rod - this is to be confirmed once the tech rips into it, but it’s locked now, so I would say it’s toast.

Anyways appreciate any feedback. Also please excuse any grammar, just came off nights and drove 2 he’s to drop the bike off.
    Regards,

Gord
  2. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    I’m going to expand my search for just getting parts and knowing the differences. Does anyone know if there are differences between a 2010 TE250 crank and case vs a 2013 TXC 250 crank? I’ve also managed to find some TC250 gears I know they’re a 5 sod vs 6, but other than that any differences that would prevent them from being used in a TE case?
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The TC trans will fit. I don't know about the crank but you can check the part numbers. I bet it wont work.
    You know cranks can be fixed. Why don'y you wait until you take it apart?
    I doubt the trans is toast. You probably seized the crank.

Maybe a new rod, rechrome of the bore and a new piston is all it needs?

The big issue is the head. If the cam journals are okay, you should be able to rebuild it.

I can tell you that you have to watch the oil level in the 2010 x-lite. .8L and hi speed running will blow a lot of oil into the airbox quickly.

Take it apart and see what you have on your hands

I have more than a few extra 2010 parts but I'm in NJ.
  4. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Thank you for your information. I guess I now have a connection for parts....:)

So my bike mechanic called me today. It has a seized crank. They have a rebuilt one in the shop. He said the piston and cylinder looked to be in pretty good shape, but the valves need work, he said the valves looked like they weren’t seating correctly as they had a thin line around the seat area, and he also said that the inner exhaust valve springs were broken. So I may need those. I was shopping parts (cross referencing TC/TXC/TE) to maybe build a back up and to have extras, for future rebuilds, as I really like this bike!

Moderators - can I change my title to “TE250 Xlite seized”so that it may easier to search.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As long as the cam journals are okay the head can be rebuilt. A new head is very expensive. You can check valve seating by spraying WD40 in the ports and see if they leak at the seats.

Valve springs are cheap, valves are expensive, if you can find them.

Rebuild it an put it back together.

You might want to think about changing the upper cam chain sprocket bearings and the big trans output shaft bearing by the countershaft sprocket since you have it apart.
    The countershaft bearing dies from people running the chain too tight. That bike likes a loose chain. The upper cam chain bearings are just weak.

I love my 2010 TE250 also. Best handling bike I ever owned and I never touched the suspension except for a heavier rear spring and change to KYB 01 fork oil.
    xlite250 likes this.
  6. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    The engine is curently being rebuilt, rebuilt pro x crank, piston, all new bearings, seals, valves, valve springs, etc. But I just came across a thread for a taller 6th gear but I can’t locate the part number. I would love a taller 6th for road riding.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

i don't believe a taller 6th gear set would fit in the case. it's pretty tight in there.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If your are going to spend that kind of money, you might as well get the head ports cleaned up!

Good luck!
  9. xlite250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Hello, I haven’t ask my mechanic yet about which parts they’re waiting for exactly from Husky, but I thinking it’s the valve springs, so would you by chance have valve springs or know someone that does? Because the shop said they had a rebuild cranks, and valves already, so the only hard to get parts that I’m aware of are the springs....

Thanks,