Local MX track incident to learn from

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Jun 17, 2019.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    1 man gone, the other seriously injured. That's a tough sad one both are fairly known among moto people locally here in San Diego.
    On a local MX track , the guy riding on the track lost control crashed into suspension tuner guy next to track working on bike. rider died a couple days after, tuner guy remains in serious condition injured, both had to be heloed from the track to ER..

Stay behind the "wall" guys. Think of that worse case scenario.
    For tuning testing time, set up a safe exit spot for easy safe off spot and back on the track, or go back to the pits to tune. Standing next to a live race track is dangerous when watching and way worse when not watching and working or not paying attention.
    Accidents happen but its good to keep the bogeyman away by minimizing the odds. I can't help to think that the rider may have just wiped out on the flat next to the track with minimal injury under clear runoff circumstances. Impacts with stationary items (bikes and people etc.) are where really bad things happen. Words the wise, been around active aircraft, race cars and motorbikes for most of my life, got to always minimize the odds for disaster. Sorry for the family's loss it's a shame, hope for full recovery of the tuner guy. Names witheld for privacy. R
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Used to work at the av motoplex (first job ever)off the 14 in SoCal when I was 16 and it was amazing how dumb people could be. Parents were by far the worst. I saw so many close calls of of people almost getting hit that it’s not even funny. Stay off the track. Period. There is no real reason for a non employee to be trackside. As said above do your tuning in the pit area. Same with all motorsports period. I watch the Vegas to Reno finish every year (it finishes about 5 minutes from my house every year and it’s great how many people think they can beat a trophy truck or buggy on foot haha. Be safe folks. We don’t want to lose anyone to mistakes such as these.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Baja , racing there is open course racing and even the best get killed and injured in open course events , thats the good example why I never race those events, I know many people that do.
    Do I race in Baja yes alot but in closed course (sort of) events 90% single track moto only courses. I remember that video.
    Be safe out there Cafe inmates.