Light Switch

Discussion in '610/630' started by brisendines, May 27, 2009.

1. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Just a question, has anyone wired up a kill switch for the lights on their 610? I did it on my CBR929 by running a regular switch in the grounds of the headlight and tail light wires and put them in a plastic panel- looked stock and very clean. Would the switch in the ground be the way to go on the 610? Anybody know of any weather resistant switches that would look nice?
  2. tosaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Those are nice! Definitely going to have to get one of those... Maybe I'll get some heated grips too and get a double switch
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I am using the one shown on the top of this page.
    It's Eastern Beaver...way Eastern, like Japan, but this guy has gotten stuff to me in 4-5 business days. It is a very simple switch that I've connected using the bullet connectors to the low beam of the Baja Designs DOT light.

It fits real nice next to the stock headlight/horn/turn switch. Also, I seem to recall on ADV someone posting a part number of an OE replacement switch, a Euro model, that allows the headlights to be turned off. I'll see if I can find that.
  5. tosaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Eastern Beaver has some nice stuff too!

I'd def be interested in that Euro switch though, hope you can find it.
  6. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I believe it was available for the 2006 model. In fact, in looking over the parts fiche for 2006, I see two part numbers for the switch: 8000 A5715 and 8000 A5794 :excuseme:

I found the post I remembered from ADV, but it doesn't list a part number. Anyway, my setup seems to work pretty well and it's probably less work than replacing the main switch there. I set mine up to free some wattage while putting along the trail at a slow pace.

[IMG]