1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Legendary husky reliability

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by suprize, May 28, 2019.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Just competed in the inaugural Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro for pre 88 muddaboiks. full competitive timecard event with transponder special test timing. was held in Blackwood, Victoria in aus.

my prep for this event was poor with a sudden job out of town and family commitments. a test ride of the LC 400 twin shock a few weeks before revealed the 34 year old shock seals had failed!!:eek: must be warranty on these:confused:. so they got sent to the mr mcHanics for a new set. there were 3 special tests and i did intend to walk them but as things happen, on the thursday morning of scrutineering i had the front wheel out awaiting a HD tube, and having read the GCR's realised i had no x brace pad, sidecovers on the bike and the stand needed fixing! additionally a noise and light test :doh: so arrived at the site late, passed everything and put the bike into impound.
    From that point, after 300+ kms in the slipperyist greasiest rutted rocky tree root infested sections (was lots of easy stuff too) all i had to do was fuel it, lube the chain and tighten the front axle nut. unreal bikes 20190523_114021.jpg this was thursday at 11.00 am 20190523_114021.jpg 20190523_161746.jpg getting scrutineered late thursday. i was 6C and here she is at the start of a special test. finally a shot during a work period. Check out ol mates Hodaka 125 (failed in the first section:thinking:) After all this i managed a Silver medal finish, 20th outright and 14th in class. a sensational event!

Attached Files:

2. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Nice one :applause:
  3. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    was a top event in all respects, team did a great job
  5. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Bravo on the results!! Not an easy task when dealing with added years on the body. Sounds like you had fun too, thats a big plus. I can only dream of be able to ride a 300 km event at 62. Would be fun to see a list of the makes of bikes that competed.
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    check out the VERI website, may have a bike breakdown for entrants
  7. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Surprise,

Hoped you liked Mullanes Special Test, took me most of the week to get it right. Farmer nearly cancelled on us Thursday night
    4.6km of grass and tight wooded sections in undulating terrain............ I enjoyed it on the modern 165 husky.

Everybody did a great job, final motocross grass special test was something else as well. I will try and get some footage uploaded.
    ajcmbrown likes this.
  8. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Great result JC!
  9. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi all,
    A funny excerpt about Surprize........
    On the final motocross grass special test Surprize had the 400 wound out on a beautiful uphill section following another rider on his rear wheel. The rider in front clipped the electronic timing loop frame and the whole assembly including wiring came down on Surprize...... I thought it was Surprize that caused the incident...... but not so.... me and the timing guys rushed down and untangled Surprize and re-established the timing loop........

Great event, some of the best guns from days gone by in both state, national events and some have represented Australia at ISDE events.

Anyway if anybody is interested a good friend of mine and G'day also on this site, travels with us and does professional video's of the events.
    He has done the inaugural vintage 4 day at Cessnock (2018), the inaugural 3 day vintage enduro at Blackwood (2019), and Harrow(2018).

The video of the A3VE is now available. Options are DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download (rent or buy) of individual titles such as Harrow 2014, A4DE A Vintage Experience, Harrow 2018 Celebrating 10 Years, Verivinduro Blackwood 2018 And A3VE 3 Day Event 2019.

Or monthly subscription giving you access to all titles and extra video content. Everything is available from his on line store website https://www.clensmedia.com

And for those of you who want to go direct to the Vintage Enduro pagehttps://www.clensmedia.com/vintage-enduro

anyway have a look. The quality of the video including drone footage is next level.

down under XC
    markt2 and ajcmbrown like this.
  10. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    i was making a move on the guy in 3rd place when he pulled a 007 move and tangled me up in the wire:banghead:. i restarted dead last and got back to 4th spot which was pretty good for an old bloke...
    ajcmbrown, markt2 and bax3 like this.
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    the legendary husky poohed a plug on me today when i was miles from anywhere without my bum bag:mad: luckily, sherco 300's use exactly the same plug....