1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

LED Rear Turn Signals for TE-511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by proeasy, Mar 12, 2017.

1. proeasy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-630, TE-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1100 RT, XR-400R
    Put a set of Sicass rear LED's on my TE-511. Got them from Rocky Mountain ATV. Direction say I do not need a LED Relay if only have on set of LED's Hooked everything up and the rears do not flash at all, while the fronts flash fast. Do I need the LED relay? trying to avoid that as looks like it would be splice job rather than plug and play
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    it should be plug 'n play. If your front sigs are working but they flash fast- well, weird. They're incandescents, right? ...not LEDs like the rear. hmmm.

(now that I think about it: I may have ran two wire from my original turn sig plug to the new relay for my LEDs)

but first- get the rear LEDs working.

then if they all still flash fast, get an electronic relay (2 pin maybe, IIRC) usually about $5-10 on ebay. your dash turn indicator may glow all the time when the sigs are on (BRIGHT-dim-BRIGHT-dim-BRIGHT-dim ad nauseum) but it's no biggie.

Yesterday, my kid got Sicass LEDs for the rear on his 511, too.

good luck.
    Teambowles likes this.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Probably need relay. If rears aren't working check connections usually with LEDs front non LEDs will flash fast n rears normal. May not have correct connection especially if you have no flashers in rear which means connections aren't correct
    268fords and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    IMG_0094.JPG I just checked my flasher, and it's a two wire. The sicass turn signals only have two wires. I bought mine years ago from superbrightleds and it has worked perfectly. I would think there isn't much of a difference on the 511's turn signal wiring vs. the 510's. Does the 511's have the front signals lit all the time, or are they like the 510, and that they are only turn signals? IMG_0093.JPG These are the best damn turn signals I have ran yet. I've ran numerous led stalk turn signals over the years, and I would usually break one after a while, even with the flexible stalks.
    Teambowles likes this.
  5. Vandy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    My TE449 was the same when I installed LED blinkers, I just purchased a inline resistor from eBay to get them to flash correctly.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. proeasy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-630, TE-510
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1100 RT, XR-400R
    Spoke to the guys at Sicass Racing, supplier of the LED's. They confirm for this bike a LED Relay is needed, perhaps in addition to a diode/resister for the line that goes to the instrument display light for the turn signal. Very helpful guys at Sicass, even though I ordered parts from Rocky Mountain
    268fords likes this.