Lectron slide

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by motorpsycho, Jun 15, 2015.

1. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    Does it actually close 100% ?
    My slide leaves a slight gap at the very bottom.
    It does this even with no cable attached.
    Normal?

Bike has never been right since I put the lectron on.
    Out of the box, it idled sky high and hunted for idle big time.
    It runs ok now the rod is adjusted to 1.91".
    Plug is black, and pretty good amount of spooge.
    Amsoil Interceptor @ 40:1.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Odd. Have you contact me or Lectron about the issue? 1.91 is hard measure and tell by but sounds very rich to me and your results seem rich too. Which way did you adjust the rod to make it run better? I have sold hundreds of these and most find them very close as delivered. Fine tuning once understood is simple. Should not be hard to get it to run right if everything else on the bike it up to standard. If this is on your WR125 it should be really EZ to make run right. Need more info.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    sounds like it may have been a tad lean at first, how many turns did you turn the metering rod to arrive at the 1.91" you are at now?
    have you run the bike anywhere? have yu read the manual and still need help? do you know where the powerjet is set to?
    i would imagine the gap at the bottom is normal, else the bike could not idle.
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Havent contacted anyone about this, been trying to get it sorted out on my own....
    I've adjusted the rod in (shorter) to get where I'm at now.
    It runs ok, doesn't foul plugs or anything.
    That being said, everyone else with a 165 describes the bike as an animal, mine isn't.....
    Super finikey to start tho, just replaced the kick start shaft.......
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Go leaner on the PJ and see if power increases.
    motorpsycho likes this.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    if plug black & spoogin at 40:1 sounds rich. gap normal. yeah PJ setting be good to know? if running good down low do as the boss says above & lean off PJ quarter turn at a time. ez to do. I thought at first my rod was rich as when I whacked the throttle there was a little bog but when I leaned off the PJ(as instructed) it cured it. didn't realise how lean I could go on the PJ for our fuel/conditions !

mines at 0.75 from seated(fully lean) & runs awesome as a 125 again, used to run it at 0.5-5/8 from seated as a 165 with no dramas(did seize it from being way lean on rod though:mad: !) but felt bad running that lean. probably wouldn't run that lean for sand or mx though. squish could be better im sure but im happy. keep in mind our fuel pretty crap over here. I run 98 octane full syn Castrol at 32:1 with no spooge unless just chasing kids around labouring it in first gear but even then nothing compared to the mikuni!

ps I wouldn't call the 165 an animal but I would call it a brilliant engine. missing it now im back to a 125 so trying to run up some hours to justify swapping back to 165 so 125 piston isn't wasted
  7. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Carb fiddling has to wait until I get my kick shaft replacement done.
    Thanks for the replies, will post back results.....
    Motosportz likes this.