lectron bog on landings or roughh terrain anyone else?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by yzrider, Sep 22, 2014.

1. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Ive always had the bog, or hesitstion when going over g outs, coming over sharp crests and in and out of jumps depending on the angles.

It seems im starving for fuel in the bowl. I raised the float level to no success. Kelly recommended an "ecapsulator" but find it odd ive never heard anyoe else speak of this on our 125s.

I ride moto and am hard on the throttle but its so common i can predict where it will act up on the track. At times catching me off guard though coming into whoop section or into a rythym section and almost sent me over the bars when it bauhhhhhhed instead of braaaaapppped.

Any tips or stories.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    bax3 and wallybean like this.
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    i have a slight bog sometmes going up or down long hills. i havent played with powerjets yet. Would that be the powerjets adjustment or should I too get one if these for that issue?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Probably worth a try. Cheap part and EZ to install.
  5. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    Sounds like another call to Lectron for me too........
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I've had like 6 or so of these now and have not really seen this issue. Buddy Jake did, installed the encapsulator and it fixed the issue.
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yep as Kelly said I have had it happen a few times on my 125. It would happen randomly off road and I thought it was the cheap ebay petcock with reserve not flowing enough. I replaced that with a OEM yamaha petcock and it still happened. It has not happened with the g-force kit I got from lectron. It has never happened on my 144. I am wondering if it is the foam ring in the carb aging or being broken down by ethanol fuel? Mine seemed worse the older the carb got. It is working great now.

Here are a couple videos of it happening, this one I could duplicate every lap when jumping the table top. I fixed the problem by not jumping the table top for the rest of the night.
    It shows up just after 2:05.

This one happens about 55 seconds in, I was having a couple issues here. I rode the whole first lap with my camel back waist strap loose and it was catching between the fender and side panel, tethering me to the bike. It was frustrating, once the bike stalled I decided to fix that issue too. Excuse my language.

Later,
  8. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thannks ill check those vids after work see if it sounds similiar and seems same conditions.

The gforce kit is the encapsulator for 4.50 right?
  9. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Your bike was shutting off completely? Mine was only brief starving under heavy throttle over severe g outs or bumps and would pick right back up after the moment or two of sloshing around.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks for the post Jake.

Here is the kit, goes in the bottom of the bowl.

[IMG]
    jmetteer likes this.
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yep mine would die completely, it would usually start back up after I switched to reserve. That is why I thought it was a fuel flow issue.

I could keep it running if I started opening and closing the throttle quickly but it sounded really raspy and lean.

Later,
  12. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I had mine do What yours did and turned out the overflows from the lectron were getting stuffed full of dirt. I shortened them and slash cut the ends for some insurance on that.
  13. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    updated, i was able to replicate the issue jmetteer was having, i was playing around in a clearing doing stoppies, wheelies and other nonsense. if i did a stoppie high enough id land go to pull away and it would sound like out of gas, and die after a second of me working the throttle. totally repeatable as well.

seems there is something to this.

also my bike in general seems to have a hard time pulling from the bottom-mid. i have to be absolutely abusing it to get it to pull into the powerband it seems. all other 125s ive ridden have much stronger pull and dont take near as much clutching and coaxing. any tips? it absolutely rips up top with the lectron and sounds great but the low end is definitely lacking.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Get the G kit for the Lectron to fix the bog issue after landing etc. See your other post as i posted there about your issues coming onto power. Sounds like your powervalve adjustment is off and very critical on these bikes. Also have you done a compression check to see where the motor is at?
    justintendo likes this.
  15. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks for your help kelly. i havent done a compresson check in maybe 15 hours but when i did it was within range. i forget the nunbers now sadly.

ill check out the powervalve asap. i cleaned it once thinking it was clogged and dirty. never tried adjusting it though.
  16. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't tell if I have the encapsulator. I see the white plastic piece, but no O-Ring or metal piece. Just a piece of foam that fits over the white plastic piece:

floatbowl.jpg

I am still fiddling to get the 144 running right, so not worried about G-outs. Just wondering what I have. It was ordered through Motorsports in August 2014.

(long story about why I am just fiddling with it now; First try in 2014 did not work out due to error that gave me the wrong needle. Parked it and trying again after installing 144 kit).