1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Leaking Fuel Tank 2013 TE310R

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Trailz, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Trailz Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Hey All,
    Have a brand new 2013 TE310R done 300 kms and returned to dealer for 3rd fuel tank in 3 months.
    Saw the tank the dealer pulled off and it's warping where the fuel pump mounts into the bottom of the fuel tank (this has resulted in dumping fuel all over my garage floor and also in the bush where I had to push it for 2 km's). Dealer has 4 others with same issue. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this???
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  3. honda4oo Husqvarna
    AA Class

2.5 hours on my 2013 te 310r all ok ....... will keep an eye on it
    kim
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    not seen, have my tank off a bunch of time all ready. will keep eyes open.
  5. Trailz Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    I will be getting my bike back today hope its all good , it seems the fuel pump is held in to the fuel tank with self-tapper screws into the plastic it's a bit week the dealer ordered in a fuel tank for a US model 310 and found that there is threaded inserts moulded into the plastic so the fuel pump can be mounted with bolts and not screws i think this will fix it , will let you all know .
    cheers
  6. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2st, TC 250 2st,TE 250R 4st
    Other Motorcycles:
    HONDA CRF 150R, CRF 110,Z50,APRILLIA
    self tappers in plastic is a design fault with a simple fix come on husky you should of learnt this by now we pay good coin for these bikes and this is something i would expect on a cheap china.
    The top shrouds are also attached in the same way on my 2011 model - great bike but thngs like this are very annoying.
  7. mike_21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1098S Track Only
    3 hours on mine. No issues yet but thanks for the heads up.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Maybe it was a pre-production KTM tank?
  9. Luke1811 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Hi Trailz, My bike is only 150Kms old, and i also face the same issue with the leak at the fuel pump. What was the final fix & was it covered by the dealer warranty?
    Do you mind sharing what dealer fixed your issue?

Thanks Luke
  10. Trailz Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Hey Luke,
    The Dealer ended up putting a US model fuel tank onto my bike. The US model bolts on and the fuel pump also bolts on, where as the Aus model uses self tappers. They did it in Feb and hasn't happened since. The dealer did cover this by warrranty (they'd want to). It was done by Rock Motorcycles Port Macquarie NSW. Hope you get yours fixed.
  11. GavBond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650se
    Mine had a leak from the access panel at the back underside of the tank. Stefan from R&D Husky (husky.com.au) sent me an American Tank. All fixed. The moulding of the original was thinner and allowed the tank to warp. this stopped the seal from contacting. The American tank had better moulding (Thicker where needed). Very easy fix.
    [Warning though. I shit myself when a huge spark jumped as my pliers slipped from the metal hose clamp near the fuel tap. I was lucky the fuel leak had already evaporated.]
    zambo likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I'm usually jealous of the parts that we don't get in the US like better exhaust and less other crap. Why would they go to the trouble of making a weak/poorly designed tank for some markets? Some kind of deal to have a local stake in manufacturing like they do with commercial airliners perhaps. Odd to say the least.
  13. Marcofig Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    I had the same problem at 700km. Lucky, I was 1 month inside my 12 month warranty ... or so I thought. Turns out they only offer a 6 month warranty on the red bikes since Husaberg stole the crown. After a bit of negotiation with the Paul Feeney group they pushed the Austrian factory to honour the bike being such a cheap dodgy tank.
    However, while I was waiting for the tank to arrive from Austria I opened it up and put a line of Loctite 515 on the inner seal and a good smearing of Loctite Blue Maxx 587 around the outside of the petrol pump plate. Seems like it fixed it so I won't interfere for the moment and I have a spare tank incase it leaks again.
  14. supershift Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 honda benley ca160
    I have a friends fuel tank leaking at the bottom access panel. The tank is warped in between the screws where it mounts. It has the self tapping screws also. I believe his is a 2014 txc310. Not sure how to fix it yet either. No warranty.