1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Leaking Clutch Slave Cylinder On 2017 FC450

Discussion in '4st' started by FCanada, Mar 19, 2017.

1. FCanada Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 CRF450R
    I just go my new FC450 home and found the Magura clutch slave cylinder leaking. Any body know the torque on the three bolts holding it on? Or has anyone had this issue before?
  2. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    It's leaking motor oil, not clutch fluid, right? This has been an issue on the FS, this is the first FC that I've heard of. On the FS, for some reason they skipped the o-ring on the slave and only used a gasket. Put an o-ring in the groove (as well as the gasket) and it won't leak.
  3. FCanada Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 CRF450R
    Turned out the factory (I assume) installed a 15mm long bolt (bottom bolt) instead of the 20mm. When I went to torque to spec I found the threads in the engine case to be stripped. The dealer (Cycle Works in Edmonton) helicoiled the threads. They said if I have issues with it in the future they will try something else.
  4. Megzie13 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX450F
    Hey
    I have recently brought a new 2017 FC450. I also have had slave cylinder issues. Mine has only done 10 hours and the slave cylinder has started passing. Bled up and same thing. After removing and cleaning behind the diaphragm I noticed small debris, once cleaned and flushed with new fluid it's holding but I think its faulty for sure. Have you had this issue also? Did you find the torque specs for the mounting bolts?