Last Dog Standing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kam1, gaz, Trenchcoat85 and 2 others like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Jeez man don't you know you're too old for that crazy kid's stuff.........but age and wisdom has you very well prepared that's for sure, love the pull strap!!
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Every year I find new things to help me I use to carry the strap in a side pocket then thought why not hook it up in the front and it worked I also found out just how soft you can run a Golden 523KX tire as I was running a 4 year old moose with holes drilled in it. It sure worked in the rocks but on the hard pack stuff I swear I had a flat Now I have to wait till Jan to do this again at King of the Moto Some day Robert you should come join me
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Was bummed to miss LDS this year, especially with the cooler temps compared to last year. Can't turn down a whole day of overtime.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I could do a lap in about 2 days.... but only if I was a Checkers.

sheesh- I'm out of breath watching that. (there's a minor repeat at ~35mins. that's a tough chimney)
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    John you impress me with your grit. I am turning away a little from the grueling stuff. I want to ride, not hack my way up tires and beat the crap out of my balls and bike. After our last extreme (and it was a tough one) ride in Tecate it took me weeks to recover due to broken ribs and another related issue. I will come out and race a gnarley enduro or XC or H&H but if its not rideable at my skill level I'm not going to dismount and tow my bike up stuff or down stuff.
    As our Hammer down ride sponsors say its gotta be tough, AA tough and skill level high but always needs to be rideable for A/ Experts (not just from Jarvis and those super
    guys).
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert this race was not that hard if you took out 2 hills and the tires everything else was ride able So take out the 2 hills Leave the tires so the spectators can watch I have done KOM 2 times on this 300 and not changed any parts also LDS 2 times no parts replaced still on the original clutch If you ride it carefull you will not hurt anything The older I get the slower I want to go So the only thing that still gives me the same response it super tuff Back in the day I thought the Nationals were so hard but now on a good set up bike they are to easy and way to fast but still the next best thing out there I cleaned up my bike last night and everything is ok just a basic prep and it is ready to go
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    how come they disabled the teeter-totter? Cycle News has a pic of Webb going over it; looked cool. I would've liked to see it in action.

It's probably one of those things where everybody says "hell, I could do that..." but when hit with the reality of it: "whoa! ...that mf'er is high" and immediately back off.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did the teeter totter last year was a eye opener as you hit and had to be committed This year I did not shortly into the race it was not working
    robertaccio and Trenchcoat85 like this.