1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Large Case Right Hand Shift Conversion

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Vinskord, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    Knew this was possible - never saw it done. First time seeing it implemented:

Right - Copy (2).jpg Left - Copy (2).jpg
  2. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I had always known it was possible. I would think the shaft had to be extended to exit to the right and that the shaft bore had to picked up from the left centercase to be in the correct axial position. Or is that a former works bike for an older rider from the 60's?
  3. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Yeah I saw this bike on Ebay and was interested in the fact that somebody actually did this. Having owned a few Huskys from this era I knew of the option to do this conversion but never saw it done.

Theres a stub shaft on the left side that can be moved to the right side but its a bit to long so it would need to be shortened a few millimeters. I wonder what they used to secure the hole remaining in the left case. Certainly wouldn't want to loose gear oil suddenly.

The brake lever is another thing that interested me. The earlier style left-sided brake pedal and hardware looks to be close enough to work well, with some minor modification.
  4. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    It looks like a stub was left on the left of the shift mechanism to use the seal to block oil leakage.